rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
Eric,

I am looking to build another hill climber. This time from an 05 KTM 525sx. Lots of guys are putting NOS (Boondocker kit) on these. They claim that they can add 20hp to the bike with just NOS added.

If I do something like that, do I need to worry about the valves? Or said differently.. what do I need to worry about?

The kit is around 600 bucks, so I am also wondering if there is anything in that same price range that would be comparable?

Thanks,

Rod

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
A rule of thumb for stock automotive engines is 1/2 hp nitrous boost per cubic inch. Since the 525 is stoutly built 20 hp seems reasonable. You could put together your own nitrous system for a lot less, but research mistakes can be very costly.

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
I have been enjoying watching my nieghbor toy around with the new turbo system he stuck on his bombardier 650 quad.With the fuel injection kit he told me it ran about $4000.He has almost got it dialed in and it sounds pretty cool when the blow off valve releases but now he cannot use the nitrous with the turbo because he said he will stretch the head bolts. :nod:

Top Bottom