Skookill

Jul 10, 2007
Hey all. 1970 Yamaha AT1B. Last week I was out and rode about 12 miles, pulled into a store and shut the bike off. Got back on and used the electric start 2 times to get the bike started. Battery power was pretty low. Pulled out and went about half a block and the bike died. I figured I had killed the battery using the starter. No lights, neutral light etc. Went out and bought a new battery over the weekend and installed it. Still no lights or anything. Totally dead. Any suggestions on what to look for, where to start? I'm pretty clueless about the electrical system so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skookill

Jul 10, 2007
Yes the battery is properly charged. A fuse was my first thought (and hope) but I haven't found one yet. Im gonna dig into the points this weekend to start. Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Checked the ground wire connection??

Skookill

Jul 10, 2007
Hey all, just an update. After I checked the wiring diagram Dirt Bike Dave posted, I traced the problem back to a fuse that was hidden inside a rubber cover with a bunch of other wires. The rubber clump of electrics was located under the seat, hooked to the rear fender. There was a hard clear plastic box clipped around the fuse. When I opened it up there was the burned out fuse along with a good spare. Put it in and all good! Thanks for the help and suggestions!!! :ride:

Top Bottom