No idea which bike to get - Please help

pconsole

Apr 23, 2008
Please help me narrow this down. This will be my first dirt bike.

1) your physical size: 5'9 235 -240lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? medium
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods / fields / desert / with friends
4) Do you have any riding experience? 10 years street bike exp.
5) Do you think you will race ? never
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I'll be doing most of the work myself.
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I prefer green, but I'm open to suggestions
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All brands are available locally
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? I'd like to spend about $1500.00 on my first dirt bike as I'm sure it will spend most of its time on its side in the dirt.
10) Do you live in California? Los Angeles CA
11) Your age? 39
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion: I'm not looking for anything real big or real fast. I prefer a lighter bike to a heavy one. As I will be buying used, something that is not likely to blow up would be nice. Reliability is high on my list. A bike that has long range capabilities would be great. I realize many of my requirements contradict each other but that's why I'm asking the experts.

Thanks for the help
Pete

Top Bottom