dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Comments/feedback on this historic day for US MX encouraged and appreciated.

First live broadcast of network TV of an outdoor national moto! Props to NBC and the broadcast crew for a job well done. Perfect? No, but damn fine effort. I was surprised that there was no Erin Bates (I think she does a very good job), but the younger replacement was pretty good, too. I hope she sends Erin and Jamie Little a thank you note for paving the way.

I am also liking the live first motos on the internet. From a guy who followed MX when the only video MX was a once a year, six month delayed broadcast of the Carlsbad USGP, these are the best of times.

Chad looked good and rode strong. What a surprise he is not 100% healthy! Win he wins, it is therefore even more amazing. When he loses, well, he wasn't 100%. All that aside, he has the most talent of remaining field, and will probably take home the title. It just kind of bugs me when the best rider in the field also plays for the sympathy vote. Note to Chad: Just kick ass & take names. No mas on the whining.

I think Bailey & Carmichael may have nailed it - Short's endurance is not at championship level. Too bad - I really like Andrew, and would rather see him win than Chad.

My man Dietrich had some crashes, and still carded decent finishes. I think he still has upside; we may have to wait until next year to see his true potential. Stories like this are why I love outdoor MX.

Josh Grant - Not sure if he is snakebit, or if he is just not quite there yet. Better luck next year - he won't be '09 champ. The highlight reel Moto 1 crash will now allow him to live in internet infamy. Too bad it may have cost him his season.

Lites - Pourcel is good. Maybe not quite JMB good, but good enough to win the title in a stacked field.

Canard has the worst luck on the planet. Future champ, but '09 is not his year.

Dungey is doing all he can do, and should take this to the final round against Pourcel. Needs better starts.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yes, many cudos to MX Sports... They seem to be doing more for the sport than AMA ever did.

I hate that they refuse to show both moto's on TV, even when they have a 90 minute time slot and plenty of time. Oh well, the Internet feed kicks butt anyway.

Wonder what happened to the girls this week.. They had the audio, but no video of them. That was suckin hardcore. Hopefully it was just so they could get the NBC broadcast going. Whatever..

I'm really liking Bailey, but Weigandt is starting to get on my nerves with the Chad Reed love. Way too much in my opinion.

My buddy Rory Oneill (Bridgestone guy) posted pics on his Facebook page lastnight, it seems that almost everyone crashed in that rut that took Chad & Ivan down.

Overall great racing. Wish I could have been there, Highpoint is my next favorite track behind Redbud.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
TRexRacing said:
Reed is the only rider I remember making excuses for a win.WTF?

I guess that's how warriors roll in the 21st century.

If Chad wins the title, he will have more excuses than all previous champions combined.

Can't wait to see him ride healthy some time.

Chad's been on the AMA circuit for about 7 years, and he's been proclaiming injuries for about 6.75 years of that time. If not for all that time he spent in an iron lung, the poor guy would probably have 4 or 5 SX titles by now, and at least 2 or 3 outdoor titles.

Carmichael really dodged a bullet that Chad was so injury prone. A healthy Chad = GOAT!!!!1!! Maybe next year we will get to see his real speed for the first time.

J-man

May 16, 2007
I was really impressed with Tedesco, He was on fire. I thought he was ganna walk away with the second moto. Chad was still riding good though. I have to agree with Indy, Weigandt is really annoying, If i had to pick between him and Ralph Shaheen, Not sure who i would pick.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Reed must be a really nice guy off camera, or something. I feel like I'm getting a cavity every time I hear someone on TV talk about him.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well I am done being VIOLENTLY ill over watching this 450 race. When CR went down I was like yes, then AS does the same thing, RATS! I will have to catch the laptimes, I do not think IT was going that fast, to let CR catch him like that. IT's line choices were awful, compared to CR, he was taking some sweet ones! And, what the heck happened to the lites air time? I am showing the womens moto, then Colorado 450's? That was one awesome crash JG had the first moto, and he sure maned up for moto 2! Sure hope he got the hard charger award!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Well I am done being VIOLENTLY ill over watching this 450 race. When CR went down I was like yes, then AS does the same thing, RATS! I will have to catch the laptimes, I do not think IT was going that fast, to let CR catch him like that. IT's line choices were awful, compared to CR, he was taking some sweet ones! And, what the heck happened to the lites air time? I am showing the womens moto, then Colorado 450's? That was one awesome crash JG had the first moto, and he sure maned up for moto 2! Sure hope he got the hard charger award!

High Point: July 5 – 250 Class Speed Sun 7/5 5:00pm
High Point: July 7 – 250 Class Re-air Speed Tuesday 7/7 3:00am

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
JBS, RV, MA, then? He with out a doubt Chili, will win the Nats, you brought that up first. All of those guys issues, and his 6 week regurgitation issues(his ole lady does not cook well?), he would still be out there racing. Maybe I will add that, in really small letters? He is the warrior you know?

Ando400

May 2, 2002
Really the Chad Reed whining thing is getting old. I for one find it interesting that someone has the bollocks to stand on the podium and say what really think, rather than the standard "My [insert bike manufacturer] ran well today, my [insert tyre manufacturer] tyres hooked up well, blah, blah, blah.

If you want real whiners what about these...

James Stewart whining about "not being able" to ride the nationals this year. If he really wanted to he could have bought bikes, a trailer and the whole entourage and done it himself. I think he either couldn't be arsed, has an inflated idea of someone is willing to pay to see him ride, or was worried that without access to factory equipment would get beaten.

Or worse yet, Ricky Carmichael a few years ago whining about how he didn't want to attend the Motocross Des Nations because he didn't feel he would have a good chance of winning on account of the manufacturers not supply factory bikes. Great ambassador for the sport - doesn't want to ride unless he knows he can win, top attitude there.

I'd be willing to bet that the one guy who has lined up for more international level MX/SX events in the last eight years is Reed. Yes he sat out the nationals in 07 and 08 but he didn't bitch about no-one giving him a ride, he simply said he didn't want to ride those years while he focussed on SX.

Also why don't you ask Chad how much of his own money he stumped up to stage the Super X series in Australia? I'd say the guy has done more to promote the sport and be involved than most of the other elite blouses riding around.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I am not a Reed fan, nor am I a Stewart fan, but I like racing....Sorry fellas, but it's the same old BS...you guys trash Reed any chance you get, and it IS getting really old. It's like a bunch of little kids. I bet years ago you guys were all trashing Stewart, and before that RC, and MC.

If you really want to talk about things not being right, I'll give you a few:

Windham not racing outdoors, indoors only - the good part - he's not saying anything.
Stewart not racing outdoor, indoors only and making public excuses and trying to blame anything and anyone but his (fully) over inflated ego.
Larry Brooks and his big mouth - that man is an idiot...a few months ago I would have argued that.
Ando nails it about RC...I remember ALL of that (even though I do Like RC).
Jlaw being a moron and highlighting everything that's wrong with pro sports.
....the list is endless

Maybe it's because Chad is an Aussie, and that might bug you...I could even understand that to a degree :), maybe it IS because you prefer the idiotic podium speaches of most racers, though I doubt that.
Bottom line, he's consistent and rides solidly every time!!! It takes more than speed to win.
In the woods we have this thing, and I guess it comes with maturity...you have to learn to go slow to go fast. May not entirely apply to MX, but then again...who's still standing.
Go Reedy!!!

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
Ando400 said:
James Stewart whining about "not being able" to ride the nationals this year. If he really wanted to he could have bought bikes, a trailer and the whole entourage and done it himself. I think he either couldn't be arsed, has an inflated idea of someone is willing to pay to see him ride, or was worried that without access to factory equipment would get beaten.

Hate to say it, but there's at least one person willing to pay to see him ride. Sadly I won't be attending any nationals this year (normally go to two) because to me it seems like a bunch of no-namers. It's more like a local A class race. Out of new "kids" Villopoto has caught my interest, I would of drove to the races to see him and Alessi battle it out, but there's no other riders of interest for me. When I watch the race on TV I could just be watching a local A class race... I mean why wasn't anyone jumping that one up hill triple? Even Carmichael commented on that!

Chad... I don't see how he couldn't easily stomp everyone with James out with his experience and how strong of a contender he is in SX... Guess he's just a SX guy... Yea he won Mt Morris, but he's still a top fiver in MX to me taking advantage of a bunch of top guys missing.

I say bring out some vets to the nats for fun... Get a little for fun championship within a championship of Emig Vs. McGrath... hehe. Maybe Dowd and Henry... I'd go pay to see those guys ride even if they're out of their prime... Yea, I'll be honest, it's not only the skill of a rider that makes me like them, but their personality as well. Good strong rivalry's make it all more the fun... :p

I just can't waste a day and money knowing I'm not watching the best riders... you know Carmichael could of easily swept both motos with his eyes closed... How could he even sit there and commentate knowing he could go out there and smash everyone? I couldn't do it if I was him with his skill level of MX riding...lol.

Is James doing ANY nationals? Come on, let's get Carmichael, James, Emig, and McGrath out there, lol. Then we'll have something worth paying for. :laugh:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If Reed keeps winning, JBS will have to come out at least once to show everyone what's up.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
From the Yamaha Ceremony...

051609henry.jpg

Reports were he walked with his braces and it was a huge effort but he got to the podium and spoke.

Ivan

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Wolf said:
. . . it's the same old BS...you guys trash Reed any chance you get, and it IS getting really old. It's like a bunch of little kids. I bet years ago you guys were all trashing Stewart, and before that RC, and MC.
Nah, just RC. curse him and his green hat and buckle shoes!
Ivan said:
Henry's walking again
All the sudden, I don't care about anything else. That's just downright awesome news.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
XRpredator said:
All the sudden, I don't care about anything else. That's just downright awesome news.

Keep in mind... he is walking with braces so there is still a long way to go.

But... he definitely doesn't give up... "...never give up."

Valvano would be a fan of his for sure.

Ivan

Top Bottom