Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Hey all, I have been using No-Toil for about a year or so, with great results. I just picked up a new supply and this time went with the spray can. I used the "red tip" cause it sprayed better, but is it enough oil? Having only used the pour type in the past which I felt I was pretty sparing with the spray has me a little worried. Any feed back from spray users would be greatly appreciated.
Lew

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Lew,

I've been using the spray for about a year now in all sorts of conditions (lots of rides in severely dusty conditions). Not once have I found any dirt inside the filter, airboot or carb bell. I spray the outside moderately, and a light spray on the inside as well. I have a fear about over-saturating my filters, so I prefer using spray. I just use a liberal amount of grease on the rim & that seems to be doing the trick!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
no problems with the spray, but after coating the filter be sure to squeeze the filter to be sure it's evenly distributed

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
THanks guys. I did my sons filter today, and took your advise on squeezing it. This and I sprayed a little more on than the first time and all seems ok. Again, thanks for the help.. :)
Lew

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I've used the bottled No-Toil for a few years, and found I tend to more towards over-oiling than under-oiling. I'm wondering if most people do actually. Not to change the thread, but I wonder just how many filters each of you get coated out of the bottled No-Toil and the spray No-Toil?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I think the aerosal is better than the pour on, and it's more convenient. I tried a few of the tricks that no-toil offered, such as pouring the oil into a ziploc or the paper plate method and no matter how hard I tried I still wasted a bit of oil, not so with the aerosal...

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Take any oil you wan't to use,and pour it in a clean dish washing bottle,I prefer palmolive LOL! I put on what i wan't and massage it in,there is so much wasted by dunking the whole filter,you will never get back what you should.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom