kartracer4545

Jan 24, 2004
Whats up guys. Im looking to get a dirt bike. Im selling my kart yo get one. But im not sure what bike to get. My friend is telling me to get a CR 125, but I have never been on a bike before, but i knwo how to work a clutch on a car. So i was wondering what would be a good bike.

LATER

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I suggest one of the newer 250 4-strokes to a noob, as the powerbands are user friendly but as you improve you won't outgrow it as quickly. The YZ/CR 250 Fs' also lend themselves well to both off-road and tracks, so you're not limited to where you can ride it. There's a forum for "What bike should I get" that you may want to check out.
You may also want to check out the 'SoCal Wrecking Crew' forum once you get a bike so you can hook up with other riders in your area.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN :thumb: I would recommend posting the what bike question in the "What Bike" forum to get a bunch of replies. Make sure you read the rules in that forum so that you include all pertinent information so you get some good feedback.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
kartracer4545

Welcome to our little part of the web. As Chili said, I would post a question in theWhat Bike Do I Get... ? forum. You will get a bunch of really good input. Be sure to include your height, weight and terrain that you would prefer to ride.

ktmboy make an excellent suggestion regarding the a 250F. You might want to peruse Thumper Central and it's related sub forums for information about 250 four strokes.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Welcome 4545.

I would agree with the 4-stroke 250 sentiments here. It is more tolerant to starting out and quick enough to race/ride with the 125 2-strokes. Although, the powerband of a 2-stroke can be quite a rush...

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN! Whatever you decide to get, don't forget to post some Ride Reports and let us know how its going!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Welcome to DRN! Check out Wardy's Riding Technique for questions about proper technique's on how to ride your new bike once you make your purchase.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Welcome to the SoCal Wrecking Crew! Check out our ride section and see what's happening, maybe you can join us sometime.;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom