NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Did a search on Spokane and I see there's quite a few members on here from that area. I just got stationed up at Fairchild AFB after 4 years in England. I grew up just South of Spokane in a little town called Pierce Idaho. It's kinda by Lewiston/Clarkston. I used to Race several Cross Countries in the area and I have quite a few trophies from the Fossil Bowl in Clarkia. Anyways I'm buying a new bike here in a few weeks and will be looking to do some riding as soon as the white stuff subsides. Would be cool to meet a few of you guys so I can see some of the local places to ride and if your ever up for a weekend trip I have some wicked trail riding for ya over in Idaho. Gotta tell ya sure is nice to be back in the NorthWest!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hi, and welcome! I've ridden in Idaho several times and yes, it can be wicked!! We rode at Magee on Memorial day, and near there on Labor day, and Wallace just once, and White Pine/Laird Park a long time ago, and many many times at Fernan/Canfield.

We'll probably be putting together some rides toward Crescent Bar and Juniper Dunes since we can ride there in the winter time--stay tuned here.

What kind of bike are ya getting?

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Firecracker thanks for the welcome! I will definitly be up for a trip over there. Since I took 4 years off of riding minus once or twice a year while on leave I've got a lot of work and riding to do to get back up to speed. I'm a Team Green rider so I decided to pick up an 03 KX250 from Motorcycle Brokers for $3899 and I'm meeting them in Blaine WA so I won't have to pay any shipping. Pretty sweet deal and for that price I can get plenty of mods to get it woods/trail ready and still be under what I would have paid from the local dealer. Hey what part of Spokane ya in? I live up on the South Hill....

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sorta downtown-ish, south hill-ish. Ghetto.

I think I liked the goat trails!! The view got better after I found 3rd gear! That one corner was pretty iffy though . . .

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm always down for Juniper!! Yet It always sends my home broken:-)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Welcome to DRN there are alot of good people on this site. If your ever on the wet side of Washington let me know, myself and a few others can show you around over here.

Steve

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Hey guys thanks again for the welcome....well I waited around too long to get with MCB and they ran out of 03's so looks like I"ll be getting an 04. Just trying to sort out the details now to go and get it....... :)

fastguy

Jan 3, 2002
I put on motocross schools all over Washington. If your looking for people to ride with, check out my message board on ewmxschools.com

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Bump... dug this thread up to see if I could find any others around Spokane. I am gone right now doing the war thing but will be back around the first week of May and will definately be up for some riding. I have a brand new never been started 04 KX 250 sitting in my basement. I bought it just a couple days before I left.

EDIT: E.W. I checked out your school website. Have you ever raced the Fossil Bowl in Clarkia? I know I recognize your name from somewhere.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wondered where you had got off to. I blew up my bike so I'm out, but there should be some rides picking up soon. Still snow up high in the trails, hopefully I can get the bike fixed soon so I can ride.

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Going to bump this thread again. I'll be home shortly from the deployment I'm on and will be looking for some local places to go riding around Spokane. Any inputs would be great. If your interested in traveling a few hours I'll repay the favor and show my local area. It's about 170 miles SouthEast of Spokane near Orofino, Idaho.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
We just got more snow yesterday, Mica Peak is white again!!

Close to Spokane the places open now are Airway Heights MX track, 7 Mile ORV, Liberty Lake ORV and Canfield over in Idaho by CDA.

PANTRA is doing a workday at Canfield on April 24th if anyone wants to help out let me know and I'll hook you up.

Soon Batey Bould (1 hour N. of Spokane) and Little Pend Oreille (2 hours from Spokane will be open. Over in Idaho, Wallace, Independence, Avery.................more places than I can remember will be open in a month or two.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Little Pend Oreille is a good ride. We usually do about 50 miles on it. For the most part it's a moderate trail system with some sections of difficult type stuff but Firecracker, myself and my son (even a couple years back) can handle it.

There is some great scenery on it, especially Green Mountain - you break out on top to a huge flowery meadow. It's pretty fast (if you are fast) but mainly singletrack with some rocky, rooty tech.

Batey Bould Trail System connects to LPO via the Connector Trail. Batey is a bit tighter and twistier with a few more advanced or technical sections. Again doable by myself, FC22 and my little boy (okay, so he's 11 now and a better rider than me BUT he's still my little boy!!!).

We usually do a loop of the LPO system and the next day do a run from LPO over to Batey & back. The Connector Trail is fun, especially with it's spooky bridge where one of the stringers is broken and the deck is tipping towards the creek below. It's especially fun to watch the rider ahead of you go across knowing that you are next and may just be the chosen one that actually makes it collapse!

Idaho has an abundance of tough trails. Many are pretty much goattrails along the rivers & cliffs and the scenery is amazing.

We'll be at LPO for our annual Father's Day Weekend Campout.

Top Bottom