noob here (maybe that should be nob, whatever)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm female, coming up age 38, married, no kids, live in New Zealand. I've been riding about 5 years, I've got a KDX & a TTR125.

I heard about this site from someone somewhere a loong time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I leap before I look & can't find stuff straight away, but usually that's because a male has cleaned up hehehe

I see I stirred up a hornet's nest, but that's okay, it's good.

I call things as I see them & if I'm wrong, I can handle being told that. If I'm right, I hope the recipient can handle it.

My comments about attitudes changing around here - I have not got my nose out of joint, I do not feel left out, I love reading ride reports & the organising of rides just to see how people interact with each other. Very strong friendships have developed over the years, that's cool.

The one thing I have found about DRNers is they are who they post - even if apparently some are quieter in r/l than they are here - I know I was, mainly because it's hard to meet everyone all at once & try to put everything into place.

Rich brought up a valid point about earning your keep. I spend a lot of my riding time cutting trails. I pay my club membership, but I don't pay to cut trails or ride them if I've helped. I'll pay for events I haven't helped with or if I feel so inclined.

Avatars, does anyone still ask about them? Haven't seen anything - which means zip, I have never understood them anyway. I know I got given one at one stage, but I didn't feel I had earnt it, but thought Thump/Okie might get pissed off with me if I turned it off straight away ;)

I don't appreciate things handed on a platter, it doesn't feel right to accept. I do things (outside work) because I want to, not because I have to or feel I should.

I will continue to be me, because I don't know who else to be. I changed in my teens & worked out in my 20s that wasn't me (I'm slow).

It felt (what I've read) like there's resentment over subscribers by some STM's. Why? Some subscribers are worth a heck of a lot in the knowledge they share. Heck, I know I looked at one person & saw he was a "mere" member & I'd presumed he was at least a subscriber.

I'd also like to say if anyone has a problem with me, take it up with me. I know I have some days I'm super-sensitive, but I honestly try not to respond to any posts those days as it's not the real me & the next day I wouldn't even remember what I got upset about. This is not just here with posting, my poor husband soon finds out what days these are, but luckily it's getting better. There's no logic to me at those times & even I know that.

Anyway, now I've introduced myself, ya can all carry on bagging on me. raz

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hee Hee ... If we could just get the newbies to post up that much information. :thumb:

Welcome and as I said in the email, thank you for becoming a supporting member of the site!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Michelle said:
I will continue to be me, because I don't know who else to be.

Right on, I'd say most of us are like that :)

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Im lost as always.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:eek:

Last edited:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Michelle said:
I see I stirred up a hornet's nest, but that's okay, it's good.

I call things as I see them & if I'm wrong, I can handle being told that. If I'm right, I hope the recipient can handle it.
If your wrong I hope it is you that can handle it, the recipient would be the one in the right.

Michelle said:
Avatars, does anyone still ask about them? Haven't seen anything - which means zip, I have never understood them anyway. I know I got given one at one stage, but I didn't feel I had earnt it, but thought Thump/Okie might get pissed off with me if I turned it off straight away ;)
People still ask, but most read the FAQ's now a days.

Yes you "got given one" when you were a moderator here. It was not based on your contribution as a member but rather your contribution to the site because you were trying to help. That ended and it was not right to delete your avatar so we left it. You wanted to turn it off so it was, no skin off mine or Okies nose. I figured you had some kind of point you were trying to make but that was never made clear.

Michelle said:
I will continue to be me, because I don't know who else to be. I changed in my teens & worked out in my 20s that wasn't me (I'm slow).
Good to know you are you. Which you are you today?:)

Michelle said:
I'd also like to say if anyone has a problem with me, take it up with me. I know I have some days I'm super-sensitive, but I honestly try not to respond to any posts those days as it's not the real me & the next day I wouldn't even remember what I got upset about. This is not just here with posting, my poor husband soon finds out what days these are, but luckily it's getting better. There's no logic to me at those times & even I know that.
I have a problem with you. For some reason you feel like you are constantly causing problems and feel like you piss people off all the time... Well you don't. I mean you do, but not really. You have different views on things than some of the others, myself included and thats cool. Normally I don't pay much attention to your posts because I get the impression that you are trolling for an argument/attention of some sort.

Michelle said:
Anyway, now I've introduced myself, ya can all carry on bagging on me. raz
Well welcome to DRN, we will try to our bagging on you to a minimum. :|

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I'm often wrong, so that's nothing new.

I turned off the avatar to say, I'm not a moderator, I basically inherited this, it's not because I deserve one. It was also because I never gave a **** about avatars. I resigned as moderator due to personal problems I needed to resolve.

I apologise/feel guilty when I post questions as I feel I should be able to work it out for myself & Okie spends way too much time here with little questions/problems.

I do not consider myself a troll - either for arguments or attention. I sometimes (often) need to sort out something in my pea-brain & find writing/typing helps. It is also a case of with my riding, I talk to other women & see them facing the same problems I've had or am facing & none of us realise that it's not just "me". If that's trolling for attention, well, I guess I'm a troll(op).

If you're talking about a recent post, I'd rather talk about that privately, it was definitely not meant as argumentative.

I haven't sussed out the smilies yet, so 'scuse the lack of them, I'll figure it out one day.

And as for becoming a support team member, it's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but boring bills always get in the way. That's why I think the subscriber idea is brilliant, at least I could do something in the meantime.

Oh, I thought I'd say hello because I could & wanted to clear some air (insert debil here).

Another oh, I'm Michelle who's had a fun day tonight, but tomorrow I'm Michelle who hates her job & has too much on her plate to find another one at the moment.

Oh, reason I posted here - because I thought I should say hello. Sorry for being attention seeking. I'd been reading old posts & saw my name mentioned - I even had to look up what the heck I'd said. I thought about bringing it back to the top, but thought, nah, I'll just post & say hello & try to explain things as I see them - ah damn, I f'ed up again - that must be the billionth time this year.

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Right, well, are we all clear on that then? :laugh:

Welcome Michelle. :)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Sensitive, self-deprecating, wildly fluctuating moods....I'd love to meet your husband--just to see what it would take.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Maybe you're right Thump, but if so, I never realised. It was not intentional.

Nephron, believe me, my husband is a wonderful person who puts up with a lot. I put up with a lot from him, too, though.
I will say no more, as it will be seen as attention seeking.

Thank you to those who've welcomed me (smile).

Top Bottom