johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
I just bought a new Kdx220 03. I USED to be an XR Fan...

Anyways, I am not familiar with two strokes and I although I love the way the bike rides, I am worried that something isn't running OK in the transmission or clutch side: When I run the bike in neutral and pull or release the clutch lever, the bike vibrates and changes music dramatically (Brrrrr to BRRRRRR...). Is this normal?

I had the bike checked out by the dealer and he says its normal. Sounds like the clutch basket is loose, it isn't. Any of you familiar with this?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Welcome to the world of 2 strokes and the somewhat noisey KDX. I think what you are discribing is normal. At least mine makes a ton of racket "down there"

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Try running close to a full quart. In our measurements from a 1 litre bottle after draining out the old oil I flush about 200mls through the case and then put the sump plug in and fill it up with the rest. Its heaps quieter than it was before. Maybe an easy fix for you........

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
It did not make any difference on mine, sound wise, plus it blew the extra oil out the vent. I thought maybe I was having a crank seal problem but it stops blowing oil once the level drops to a little above middle on the sight glass . So I dunno ??

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
Thanks guys, this "sounds" like a normal problem... I will just add an FMF pipe and silencer to change the lousy music. tks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom