vibration after new clutch install????

wedgemoose

Jul 3, 2008
I just installed a new clutch in to myt 98 220r. The second I started it up for a test run there is a very noticable vibration (that wasn't there before). This is my second clutch install and the vibration was never there in the past. It was always as smooth as could be. I never even had the "clutch sound" we all talk about. Are there marks I have to line up on the basket or something? One thing I realized is that the clutch is missing those two springs (round like a clutch plate) but again they weren't in there before and since the first clutch it has been three years of totally smooth and quiet operation. When i pull the clutch lever in the vibration disapears. I have a full quart of oil in the case. any ideas?????? The vibration is definately something wrong. It is not a little vibration it is pretty substantial.....

wedgemoose

Jul 3, 2008
Maybe it was just me. I took it apart and looked at everything real good to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Put it back together and rode all day with the vibration. I probably never noticed it before. I'm ordering those two missing spring plates just in case its that. Thanks anyways.

Top Bottom