BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There will be a group meeting in Denton that may include, BigLou, Dwreck, MX246, and others. Some moto at Naconna and trails at Muenster. Give it a thought.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
What days at RRMT? (Muenster)

I was planning on going up Saturday, the 4th.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Just heard that RRMT is closed this weekend :(

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
This ride almost fell apart. For one reason or another people had to keep dropping out.

This whole trip started out with a phone call from BigLou to tx246. Unfortunately Lou and BSWIFT had to cancel so moto was scratched from the schedule. I went to a team race on New Years days at Mary Snooks and then headed to Lorin's the next day (Thursday) and we headed to Gene's. Had dinner in down town Denton Thursday and rode Muenster on Friday and headed back to Lorin's with plans to ride at OKC's Lake Draper.

Found out it was closed because of ice damage so we changed plans and headed up to Stillwater and met up with Craig_enid and OKKX'er and rode there meeting at Hideaway for a feast.

My total for the three days of riding was 100.3 miles. Not a bad start to 2014.

Grady, sorry we didn't see your post until now. Would have been great to see and ride with you.

Thanks Lou for getting the ball rolling on this, you put together a great trip!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I ended up going to Munster on the 4th only to remember as we were pulling up that it was closed. We headed up to Lake Murry. Small and lots of 4 wheelers with no single track. There was some pretty decent trail out by the banks of the lake though. My wife is starting out so I did manage to wear her out. It was a good place to get to know the new bike. I picked up a 300xc. It is new to me, but still wanted a good shake down run before the first race of the season. Next time you guys get down to Munster it would be to hook up and go for a ride!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Hey Dan! I think you will love your 300. There may be better bikes for certain things but in my opinion you can't beat the versatility of a 300. I still can't believe we where able to dance around the cold and snow and get three good days of riding in. Hopefully next time we can be a little more organized and give more warning before coming down.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Man oh man I was geared up for this ride, however, life just got in the way. 12/26 my dad had a heart attack while traveling. He's doing very good now but spent 2 weeks in Texarkana. Needless to say, that was NOT the road trip I was hoping for. The unexpected trip really thru my work schedule off, then we got the deep freeze cold and I had a bunch of emergency calls further disrupting my schedule. Supposed to be near 70 today so hopefully I'll get some seat time today or tomorrow. SX on tonight and let me tell you, GoPro footage viewed on a 60" LED tv is eff'n awesome!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I couldn't make the original dates but ended up heading down to Gene's (tx246) on the 25th & 26th for a dual-sport ride. It was fun.

RhGISmw.jpg

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm looking more now than ever to getting a dual sport bike. I think I put less than 500 miles on my Roadstar last year, probably paid more for insurance than for fuel. The YZ still runs like BOOH and practically rips my arms out of the sockets. It sucks getting old!

Top Bottom