DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I'm taking some vacation in June and heading up to Central Oregon with my girlfriends son to visit family and do some riding. On the way back to SoCal we wanted to stop and camp for a couple days at a good riding area somewhere in the Shasta/Tahoe area. I have'nt been riding in the area and would like know what some of the prime spots are. Planning on being there around the 19th-21st of June. Thanks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
here is a link you might want to check out.

http://www.offroadrider.com/wher.html

There is some great riding in Northern Cal. Stonyford, Middle Creek and Rock Creek (Georgetown) are all popular and have extensive trail networks. There are some other places that are not linked on the offroad rider site; if you give some more specific info about the types of trails and camping you prefer, you might get some really good ideas.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
We like tight single track with good challenges. We spend as much time on forest trails as we can at Gorman. There is plenty of open stuff where we live and woods riding is a treat. Both of us are experienced riders. Camping is anything with a somewhat level piece of ground to put the tent on. We are taking my truck which is a full size 4X4 Dodge so I can get into most places with a road. Hope that helps.

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
STONYFORD!!

Stonyford ROCKS!! I have never heard of those other two? Where are they, how do you get there? How do they compare to Stonyford? Has anyone ever rode at Forest Hill ?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Stonyford can/will be hot & dusty - did I mention hot & dusty? My recommendation would be Middle Creek - it's just north of Upper Lake on Clear Lake. It will be dusty but probably not as bad as Stonyford. My wife & I might be up at Middle Creek that weekend. Maybe we can get Kalitude to join us?

Brian

njw

Apr 18, 2001
There is some outstanding woods single track in the lakes basin area about 1hr north of Lake Tahoe. I'm a So. Cal guy too and consider this area far better than Gorman.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Kalitude,
You ready for some more singletradck? This time on hills? I've got to get Anja out on the bike before the Reno 200 June 30/July 1 - 100 miles a day of 'trails' according to the flyer.

Brian

Top Bottom