Not enough power? What do you think? Am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ye i know its up to be, but i made this hoping to find the 1 great bike, and i get 50 different bike... It doesnt really help when your looking yea, i like this bike... Damn this bike is better for this, btu not this, and this bike is ok for this but not his, this bike is :yikes: but yea.. catch my drift? i dont mind the comments, that was kindo some sarcasom.

I do like the KDX200 and the KTM200MXC but is it a racer? not really. I would probeble rather get the KDX220 because i live 10min from a Kawasaki Dealer.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Get what you want... and next time you want a bike it will be a lesson learned as to what you look for in a bike. BTW, you could always modify a bike to make it to suit your needs.

Nov 25, 2006
The kdx sounds like a perfect upgrade for you.
I went from an xr100 to the kdx200 and it was amazing! not too scary, but a world of difference!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yea i agree with that. But i've been looking at the YZ125 very hard, and i have been looking at all the goods and bads, and it seems fine. the ONLY thing i cant really do with it is add a headlight. You need to get a bigger stator for the YZ125 in order to get enough power. And the only thing i found was a stator for a 2004 YZ125, that was as high as it went. And it would have let me run a 40w light bulb. BUT to do all of that would cost me about $350 -$400 and thats alot for something i REALLY don't need...( anyone else have experience with putting a headlight on a YZ125?) A YZ250 would be REALLY easy. They make an External Stator for it.

I think the YZ125 is BEST suited for my needs for now. i like the KTM200MXC and they KDX220 but they seem... I don't know how to describe it. Like oldish, or not as good for some reason. Probably because i have never seen either of them, nor do i hear about them alot.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Be cause i Do ride at night around my yard sometimes, Ex= Parties, or whenever i'm allowed (usually when the track is racing into the night...)

See i don't know, its not really THAT important. It would be nice to have thought because my KE100 has a headlight, and when i is ever any dark, or getting dark its nice to have.... You know what you just opened my eyes to that i really done have a good reason to have a headlight.

Well... You just made the YZ125 just a tinny bit better :) :cool:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Basically...because in the summer the suns up from what...5 30 AM to 10-11 at night. Prime riding hours.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Why are you fixated on the yz. I'm betting a kx would be good with a dealer that close. Not for sure if they still make them, but maybe the dealer can track one down, even a year older,but new.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
well, the Kawasaki Dealer is about 10miles away (10-15min depending on who is driving)

And the Yamaha dealer is about 15-20min away, so it really doesnt matter. Plus KX droped the Kx125, and the revies say the YZ125 is better.. so yea, i want the best ban for my buck. BUT if if did see a used KX125 for the right price i would buy it! So it all depends on what pops up. But mostly around here you see Yamaha alot.

Jan 10, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
i like the KTM200MXC and they KDX220 but they seem... I don't know how to describe it. Like oldish, or not as good for some reason. Probably because i have never seen either of them, nor do i hear about them alot.

Look at your bike, neither of these bikes will dissapoint in ANY WAY. The kdx is newbie friendly, has a light. I dont have a 125, But ask elliot what the 125 mx bike does when you open the throttle!!!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yea i know.. My bike sucks (IT WAS FREE!!!) but it gets the job done. But when i jumped onto my buds RM80, and opend her up, man it put be tword the back of the seat and just WENT! It was actually kind of scarry, but awsome! i hade it in 5th gear wound out within the first half hour i was riding it, so a 125 will be alot better. Also his RM80 felt shor, like the handel bars were in my gut, and the pigs, break lever and the gear shifter was sooo short, like half my foot. Lol, i dont know hway i described that. BUT i like the snappyniss of a Mx bike and i just LOVED it, i like the put you in the back of your seat and just go!

Yz250FinAZ

Dec 15, 2003
just get a yz125, make sure you setup the susp for your weight, and youll have a blast on it.

csmutty

Uhhh...
Feb 28, 2006
Get the YZ I hear it is the best 125 and it will be a better track bike than the KDX. Have fun.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yea, thats what ive been saying for awile.. the YZ.

And of course.. ill have fun.. but i have to get a job first!

beep2337

Jan 28, 2007
Dont let everyone hype you up about horsepower!
If you want to get better at riding get a bike that will take you there. I wouldnt advise you to get a 450 but a 250f would be totally do able. 125's are fun, I used to race em, but they arent where the sport is going. You have to be twice the rider to do the same thing on a 125 that you could do on a 250f. They are great for learning how to utilized the clutch and keeping rpms up. There is no better sound than a guy who knows how to ride a 125, wide open everywhere! Dont wast your time on a 125 they are underpowered and unforgiving in the steep hills(let of the gas and your done). You can lug the 250f and still go up tons of hills.
NUMBER ONE ADVICE:
Dont ride over you head! just because your friends go at a certain pace doesnt mean you have to. People get hurt all the time trying to "be the man". Putt around on the bike and learn how to ride it. Once you feel comfortable on the bike, then, you can start pushing it alittle more.

Lewie307

Jan 25, 2007
I agree with what he has had to say /\ /\ go for the 250f any of them are great bikes for just about anything the only down fall is u have to keep ur valves in spec and the oil fresh

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
If you like the "put you in the back of your seat and just go!" then just go all out and get a 450, it will definetly put you in the back of your seat and go, but really, if you take it easy and get the feel of it, you will get used to it. 450's ROCK!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
As of right now, there is now way im going to get a 4-stroke. Im going to get a YZ125, and learn on it. And learn to ride it awsomley. But when the time comes to get another bike. i would probebley go for a 4-stroke 450 maby.

But my mind is set in stone. Im getting a YZ125. And im going to learn to ride it like a champ. And then i will probebley be off to college by then. and when i get out. And get up on my feet. ill buy another dirtbike. Maby a 450f. Well see. but as of now. i like 2-strokes, always will. and im going to learn to ride on a REAL 2-stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom