jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
I have 2 KDX's and need to jet them. Mine KDX has a pipe, and aftermarket silencer (that sure added some go) no airbox cover, and seems to perform very well with a 155 main but is fouling plugs right after starting. Today I did my 1st chop throttle reading at full throttle and it looked good. My daughters KDX has stock pipes and has a 158 in it and never fouls anything but throttle roll on is flat for the 1st couple seconds and then it comes on strong. Armed with minimal knowledge I did play with the airscrew on mine with unknown results so far. I am now thinking the main might be fine and that I should look at the needle setting next. Is this correct? Any thoughts appreciated, I haven't pulled carbs apart for a long time but will give it a try tomorrow. I'm at 4000' and 60 degrees.

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
Learn to tune......, Don't be afraid of the mixture screw and read all you can on the carb jetting and tuning threads on this site.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Sounds like you may want to try raising the needle one clip on your daughter's bike. That may solve what sounds to be a bit of lean bogging. Also suggest you try adjusting the airscrew first to see if you can get rid of it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom