moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Ok - I know this is a beaten horse - but all I can find in the archives is lots of conflicting advice.

I want to keep my stock ODO setup and switch to a number plate (and an MX fender too).

A few folks have posted Acerbis or UFO part numbers - but it is easier if I knew what bikes they are for (ie ordering off Dennis Kirk).

It appears that the Maier MX fender is the ONLy mX fender that bolts right up. Anyone else contradict this?

With the number plate - it looks like UFO and Acerbis both have late model (read to 95-99) KX125 plates. Is this what I am looking for?

Sean

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
idk if it will work with the odo, caus eI dont have mine anymore. I used a 95/96 RM 125 Suzuki Front # plate cause it has the fork guards on it. Just either zip tie it up, or find some leftover bolts, drill 2 holes, and bolt on

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I've used UFO made for both; the susuki and the KX, they both bolt up using the top triple clamp threaded hole for this. I ordered mine off e B a y new for 25 bucks. Good luck!

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Sean, I had to pull my odo when I put a plate on the front. If you need to keep it, you'll be coming up with some kind of custom bracket to get it up over the plate. Either that, or the plate will need to be mounted way out in front of the triple clamps several inches. Might look a bit odd.

On the rear fender, I think you're right - Maier is the only game in town.

Odie13

Jun 25, 2004
Just finished the project

I didn't keep my odo though.... I used the Maier rear fender (From Dennis Kirk) and a Maier front number plate. I bought the large rectangle shaped number plate and cut it to fit. I used the 2 threaded holes in the upper triple clamp and the single hole in the lower one. I used 3/4 inch (deep) spacers between the triple clamps and the plate... I think it came out pretty good.

Oh, the fender bolted right on.. Took maybe 15 minutes.. Ready to ride :ride:

Good luck! I think you will be happy with the Maier products from Dennis Kirk :cool:

**** is not a bad option but you can never be sure what your going to get..

Top Bottom