firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Anybody have riding plans? I need to ride this weekend but don't know where. Ideas? I don't know if I'll have my ORV tags yet so that could be a problem, but I'll try to get them this week. (Don't buy a bike out of state--it just causes problems!)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ha. I'm avoiding that particular carnage fest. I'm not ready for it yet (knee not totally rehabbed after surgery) and don't feel like paying to ride. Anybody NOT doing the Desert 100?

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Just do the poker run...

I am just doing the poker run, my little girl on her 100 and my two sons on the WR250f's....then heading to Spokane and ride there...
join us...be a bunch there...and I will have an RV there to get out of the dust! :uh:

I wont do the crazyyyyyyyy run with the kids....nope...no way...

HR
:cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I can't afford to pay to ride plus drive a long way right now. I was hoping to meet up with someone going to Thurston or something.
Splatt, which day are you going? It's supposed to rain Sat, and be nice Sun, not that the weather ever cooperates with the weatherman.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Anyone know what the conditions are like at thurston this time of year? It's been several years since I've been there. Would like to hit it up again though if the weather is descent. Let me know!

Jeremy

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Hey FC22 I`m planning to go out on sun. I won`t be able to get a hold of my buddy until sat. though cause he works nights but I`ll definatly let you know by then. I usually park at the gravel pit on Sand Hill Road.

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
Awww, come on FC, I'm gonna race the 50 mile on Sunday. Gotta get up at 4 AM to get there at 6 to register. It's gonna be gnarly though! I'm hoping that I don't get my ass kicked and that I get at least 2 laps so I can at least fuel up once. My dad and I will be in a black GMC truck. He'll probably have his YZ 250 that he is going to buy, he's just waiting for a front brake fluid resevoir gasket to come in so he might have it down there, and I'll have my CR. Hope to see alot of people there. Give me descriptions so we can meet up after the race or something! Later guys!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey Honda Rippin, have fun! Did you ever make it to any of the Spokane races?

I'm not in for the Desert 100 this year but maybe next year. I'm kinda short on funds to drive over there too so it's not going to work out. I'll race more later in the year for sure. Have fun in Vantage everybody, I'll be at Tahuya on Sunday. Good luck to those racing.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Hey I'm waiting to here on whats the deal for tommorow :) I'll call ya later when I get home from work like around 4. Maybe this wind will blow away all the clouds and it will turn out to be nice.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey Joe,
I talked to Splatt today and we're meeting at the Tacoma Mall at noon. Cool? What time would you like to be home Sunday night?

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
We`re meeting over by the Sears tire shop. I`ll be driving a blue Chevy pickup with a white YZ250. FC will be driving a Toyota but I can`t remember what color she said it is.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay other than it being really wet at first it was pretty kewl, that was my first time there in a long time. Wish there was more of those high speed sand whoop sections though. I still want to know whats up with the rocks isn't there a place in this state to ride where there is just straight up dirt and like little to no rocks.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Joe, it seems to me that the single track trails have less rocks than the open trails that we were on, but I don't think you'll find stuff as rock free as an AX track.
I should have a few pictures of the ride developed in the next couple days. I'll post them here when I do.

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'd like to go some where, where there was some more wide open style trails and some good hill climbs cause I hate switch backs. Hill climbs are great technique builders.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Over in eastern WA it seems like there's more dirt but a few big rocks instead of lots of little rocks. I think you'd have to go to a flat state to get away from rocks completely. I hate switchbacks too and suck at them but the ones we rode Sunday aren't anything like the ones we'll ride at Mad River!! The uphill ones I do ok on but the downhill ones kick my ass every time. I know what I need to do but they freak me out so much I clamp on the brakes and tip-toe around them.

I can't wait to see pics. :)

Top Bottom