splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Since I started riding a few years ago that`s all I`ve encountered in this area. If I remember Capitol Forest down south of Olympia isn`t as rocky. All in all I thought it was a pretty good ride and look forward to riding with everyone again I can`t wait to see the pic`s either.

Steve

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The part of Capitol Forest that had the poker run 2 weekends back was not very rocky at all. However, I hope you like slimy clay. This riding area is huge and was closer than I thought. Trails seem wider, more for ATVs but still plenty challenging with that clay.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by firecracker22
I hate switchbacks too and suck at them but the ones we rode Sunday aren't anything like the ones we'll ride at Mad River!! The uphill ones I do ok on but the downhill ones kick my ass every time

My second time at MR I was "on" and was taking the uphill switchbacks so fast I was dragging pegs like a road racer. Woo-hoo! I'm normally not that fast unfortunately. The MR switchbacks can be a witch (with a 'b') to ride down. The loop out of goose creek is easier clockwise than ccw I believe.

One more MR snapshot. Last time I was there, a new guy to the group caught a stump on the highside of a sidehill trail and broke his tib/fib. Son of a gun rode the bike out without putting his foot down the whole way. A fine display of riding skill you betcha!!! I played ambulace man and got to see the Xray. WhooHoo!

Best part was the guy following tib/fib man on the trail had a helmet cam and got the whole thing on tape. Tib/fib man is back riding and became a member of the club, but I don;t think he appreciates video night a whole lot....

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Ok, I got my pictures back from the ride. Sorry, they're kinda fuzzy.

First one is Steve.

Attachments

• tahuya steve1.jpg
    tahuya steve1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 227

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Where was that? The veggies look like Capitol Forest but I can't believe it was that wet unless it was Middle Waddle

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
It looks like you guys had a blast. I loooooooooooooove puddles. :aj:

And about the rocks in Washington... I know of one BIG one in Naches. :silly: :|

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That was at Belfair. There were puddles like that everywhere, I was soaking wet before we were 5 miles from the parking lot. At least it wasn't cold!

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Originally posted by firecracker22
I was soaking wet before we were 5 miles from the parking lot. At least it wasn't cold!

I was amazed at how nice the weather was. Especially since on the way there it was raining so hard I could hardly see the cars in front of me!

Jeremy

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
FYI: I heard some bad news today regarding the Thurston ORV park. It is only a rumor at this point, but it may appear a rider was killed there today. I DON'T have a conformation on it yet - but it may have been a 35 year old with his family there that was fataly injured. May all our prayers be out there and hopefully the truth has been twisted into this devastating rumor........

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
A rider down is never good... a rider down and never getting up again is unbelievably horrible. My condolences reach out to all involved. :(

Last edited:

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Unfortunately, I have confirmed news by a couple reliable sources on the tragic event earlier at the Thurston ORV. It appears no one saw the rider go down after a missed jump attempt and he passed away. No names have been mentioned at this time as far as I know. I was able to get ahold of a few of my co-riders and they are all home safe. Still this is a hard time I believe for all of us - even if not related by blood - related by the love of such an exciting passion. As also stated by dirty~d~ "my condolences reach out to those involved in such a tragic event."

MX145

Top Bottom