O-ring and x-ring

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
ok i know you don't have to lube these chains but how do they ddo in the mud? I went riding Wednesday and it was really mudy because the snow just melted, and my chain got really tigh and stiff from all of the mud. Would an o-ring or x-ring chain do the same?

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
My kid has an o-ring chain on his CR80.  I hate that chain.  It is always stiff, even after cleaned and lubing.  I would never buy an o-ring chain for any bike that I  have.  Just my 0.02

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I disagree. Keep your chain lubed with WD 40 to keep water out, keeps it from rusting and gently brush it to clean it - they are strong and will last much longer than non o ring chains. (I'll be putting one on that XR 100 soon!)

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Surely you are robbing a lot of power from 80s and 100s by running O ring chains? The power loss is supposed to be quite noticable even on 125s...

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
its not, its a chain. if you couldnt move the links w/ ur hand i could see but u can so its not that stiff.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…