slapthemat

Jan 3, 2005
im about to have to buy a new chain for my 200 and want to know what the difference between an o-ring and non. i also want to know what would work better and a chain recomendation. thanks killa's

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
if my add the the question as I am going thru the same delima.

Will an Oring chain fit thru..... the darn whats the word. :bang: ....
sits below the frame in front of rear sprocket and the front sprocket housing?

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I have had lots of both and will recommend nothing but O ring type chains for normal off road use. MX is a separate issue. O ring chains are like a lot of modern improvements--they last longer and cause fewer problems as they wear. Change your chain and sprokets at the same time!

No they don't fit through the chain guide very well initially, but they will wear in nicely. FRP and others make an improved (over stock) guide that is made to be tougher and to fit o ring chains.

Cheers John

xtremekdx

Feb 21, 2004
when i was running non-o-ring type chains, i would have to adjust slack out of chain after every ride. when i switched to o-ring, i adjusted the slack maybe twice. from then on there was no wear or stretch in the chain. I have had it about 1 year. I use chain lube on it after every ride, but i'm not sure if it is necessary.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Did you try searching for "o-ring" and "non-o-ring"? That would result in a never ending stream of threads that ask the very same question you did. Give it a shot and enjoy the reading, YZ165

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom