highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
I seriously thinking about a 2 stk now that I realize I just can't afford the $1000.00 top end mangling potential of the 4 stk's.
So here we go....Is a modified KDX 220 a capable mount say versus a Husky WR250 or KTM250EXC for Northwest Oregon (Tight east coast style woods and more open GP circuits). BTW B vet class

By modified I mean:

New KDX220 w/

Professional suspension revalve/respring
RB Designs 36mm carb mod and head squish mod for pump gas
Open up intake w/ after market filter
FMF Rev pipe w/TCII sparky
Reeds?

I am considering that the other mods (bark busters, skid plate, etc) all cost the similiar $$ between the bikes.

Do I get a similar bike for far less money considering I've got to complete suspension on all three because I'm 220 lbs???

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
All I've ever heard is that the KDX is tops in the "bang for the buck" dept. And I know the woods of what you speak, and I say go for it. KDX is a helluva lot cheaper to fix than any other two stroke on the market.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Vet B is a fast class with unlimited displacement, meaning you probably run with alot of 450s. For a rider your size who's thumpaphobic, I'd lean toward the 250 EXC or a 250 motocrosser set up for the woods. Incidentally, I've had great luck with two CRF 450s. My 02 went 2 seasons on the original piston. My last KX 250 ate six pistons, a barrel and a bottom end in the same time-frame.

Last edited:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I think the low purchase price of The KDX means a lot of funds left over for goodies.

Can't go wrong with the KDX modded as you indicated, or a KTM, or a Gas Gas or TM

Top Bottom