TRUST

Dec 1, 2007
I'm plannig on replacing my piston and ring for my 2006 YZ250.
Should I stick with the OEM piston or get a Wiseco
2-Stroke Top End Kit?
What are the differences between an OEM and a Wiseco?
I barely ride in tracks, 90% of the time I ride fields and forests.

Thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I've always used Wiseco with good results. You can get the top end kits pretty cheap.

TRUST

Dec 1, 2007
Is it possible to use a Wiseco piston with an OEM piston rings? (when I want to replace only the rings after several hours, can I put an OEM ring or I should always use the Wiseco ones?)
What about returning back to an OEM piston after a Wiseco kit, is that possible?

TRUST

Dec 1, 2007
I just wanted to know that if I get the Wiseco kit, does it mean that I can never go back to the oem on this engine?

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I would never go back to an oem, although you can go back to one after a Wiseco, I replace all my pistons with Wiseco, piece of mind, 5 times the life, piston and rings, all Wiseco pistons are forged, 10 times stronger than stock aluminum. The Wiseco only uses Wiseco rings. My opinion, haveing used many different types of pistons, the Wiseco will be the only piston I ever replace with, you cant go wrong. :cool:

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
^ Agreed 100%. Having rebuilt roughly 40 2-Strokes over the past 8 years or so, I can say that I have yet to see a Wiseco piston failure. Ive seen then get trashed from other parts letting loose, but the actual Wiseco components are definatly higher quality than OEM. I cant say the same about Pro-X's. Pro-X's actually are private labeled by some of the Jap bike manufacturers as OEM equipment. Not bad, just not as good as a Wiseco...

Top Bottom