Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
What do you wear? How do you like it?
What's good about it? What's not so hot?

I have Moose XCR.

I like that it is roomy enouhg to go over my cp if I want to. On wet days, it keeps it away from my jersey, so even if it starts to soak up water, it doesn't sit against my skin.

I like the styling for the most part.

The draw string pulled out the first time I used it. The shop I got it at offered to have it fixed, but I never got around to taking them up on the offer. I just wear my fanny pack outside it to keep it synched up.

It is not water proof. I spray it with some water repellant, but it will get wet in a good downpour.

It washes up nice.

The under arm zippers are hard to operate unless you're a yoga master, and I don't think the cuff straps are well designed.

It folds into it's own pocket and turns into a fanny sack, but I usually have a pack along, so that isn't too useful to me. Pretty standard feature these days in any case.

Sleeves don't come off. I wish they did.

Also, it's a pull-over. A regular jacket would be easier to live with.

Overall, I like it. It was a gift, but I think it was on the expensive side. I'm not sure I would buy one. I think I liek the MSRs better.

Euro GasGas has a nice jacket, but I can't recall the make right now. Mybe he'll post a reply ;)

Mag

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I picked up one of the older model Shift jackets (don't know what the differnce is?), for the cold riding days. It has some nice elbow protection in the arms, (which zip off), has a nice fat pouch in the back but it only closes with velcro so I don't really trust it, but I have tried it and haven't lost anything yet. Most of the time I find myself using this jacket as a vest, I love the protection it has in the elbows and arms, and it even has zippers in the arms to let air in but they seem to do very little. So unless it is snowing when I'm out for a ride, or it's pouring down rain, I'll use mine as a vest.

Top Bottom