off topic -- iPod/MP3 adapter for Chevy Equinox

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I jsut got me a new pickup, and it has the auxiliary input jack for an iPod or MP3 or whatever. My wife drives a 2005 Equinox, and she'd like to have that auxiliary jack as well. I don't want to completely replace the stock stereo, and don't tell me about the wireless setups, because they suck (believe me, we've tried several).

Anyone know of a setup or adapter I can install in this Equinox to make my wife happy? thanks.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Finally a topic I can say i know a fair amount about haha. To answer your question simply there is no easy way to do it. To get an aux jack in the front of your stereo you have to buy an aftermarket stereo to replace it. I dont know of any inserts or anything like that that you can put in your dash with an aux input.

I just recently replaced my deck and it was a pain. I had to repin some of the wiring harness because the one they sent me wasnt exactly right.

I know you said you have tried the wireless setups. They do have some decent ones that plug into your cigarette lighter that work decently. But for a good one you will spend about $60. You can get a decent aftermarket stereo with an aux input from walmart for just a little more.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
i have the cigarette lighter plug in FM adapter for my car and it works fine. (not sure why yours sucked) but as far as i know if you are wanting a plug in adapter for your wife's vehicle and it doesn't already have one then you would have to completely replace the stock head unit with an after market one which you said you didn't want to do so i think you might be stuck.

EDIT: he beat me to it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
believe me on the wireless adapters, I've tried 'em all and I'm tired of wasting money on them.

I don't necessarily need a "stock" looking jack in the face of the unit. For my XM radio in my last rig, I had an inlline FM modulator that the antenna went through, and that worked well. I was hoping there was something like that available.

If not, I may have to look at local stereo shops for some OEM systems that people had replaced.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
i dont know if it exist for this behicule but.
For my Grand Prix it have it
Look for: PAC iPod Connection Interface
they make the interface for other model/make.

I never buy one, but its because i dont have an ipod.

B

biglou

Predro-I paid $165 for my Pioneer in-dash from Crutchfield and it has i-pood specific input, USB input and Aux jack on the front. Comes with mounting kit, wiring harness and instructions. Money well spent, IMO.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I installed a Brand Motion iPod adapter in my truck last year Pred. It is freakin' AWESOME! It had a small little box that goes under the stock radio and then plugs in inline with the CanBus plug on the back of the stock radio. No wires to cut or nothing. Then I ran the adaptor plug through the bottom of the little junk bin door and placed a rubber grommet on it for a factory look. It works like a charm and is totally hidden.

Oh maybe you should go get your wife a Ford because I don't think they make them for GM products. Of course GM might not be making GM products soon so all the more reason :p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Pat,

That's the direction I'm looking for, as I figure something can just plug inline to the antenna jack and work the way I want. I've found some things, but I'm still researching.

and I can't own a Ford. I'd suffer some kind of allergic reaction.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
See if you can find out who supplies the GM version. Brand Motion was the factory system on the Fords.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom