OH ! @#$%^&* My head bolts are striped

ASLCM

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2002
Just got my top end tonight and was tighting the read bolts when 3 yes 3 striped like butter :ugg: !!!!!!!!! Eric worked on it , I dont know if it is my head or an exchange ? anyone have this problem befor ??? Who can I fix this !!!!! I WANT TO RIDE !!!!!!!!! :whiner: :whiner:

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
If you only just got it back, I would ring eric and let him know and see what he says. He may fix it for you for nix.
Alternatively, you could take it down to your local engineering shop and ask them to fill the holes and then drill and re-tap them .
You can buy 'heli-coils' but I don't know if they'd be strong enough.

Goodluck.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Heli-coils shouldnt be a problem. I had to put them in the heads of a 115 hp V-4 outboard motor reciently and have had no problems. Just make sure that you have a steady hand when drilling, or better yet a drill press. Also, when purchasing the actual coils, make sure that you get the correct length for the amount of thread that is going to be inserted into the hole. The more thread the better.

B.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
The reed cage is only a 6mm. 3/8 x 16 is a bit to much of a step. give eric a call.

Last edited:

ASLCM

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2002
Thanks I wil e mail Eric . I am sure he didnt know . Maybe he had some younger hands to help ?

Top Bottom