XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
dead said:
I was out there one day just walking around and some good'ole boy pulled up and dumped a bed full of brush and other yard junk. I went up and talked to him for a couple minutes about the area and he said he's been out to this spot for 20 years riding dirt bikes, quads, 4wheeling, and dumping brush.

I know people that have rode there for 30 years. It's still illegal to trespass no matter how long or who has already done it. If you want to risk it that's up to you, but it gives all dirtbikes a bad name and makes it harder to get legal riding areas when we are stereotyped as a bunch of law breaking jerks.
Why don't we all meet and ride at a real riding area?

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Id ride anywhere that was legal and I was welcome I prefer it. I just dont know of anywhere local I can go. Theres a guy names Harmon that let us ride his area. He had some lighter supercross kinda jumps and a very sweet track he kept groomed mostly that had very challenging turns but his insurance agent told him he had to stop letting people ride there or they would quadruple his rates.
The other places we can go to are tracks which Im not much for jump after jump, I enjoy the trails with a few jumps in them. I want to be legal bad enough that we have been looking for a house where I can have my own land and will be spending over $100,000 more then my current house just so I can ride.
Right now this is my only option and since luckly there has been no trouble from anyone I guess in the last 30 years they leave everyone be. I dont even see any litter or anything but once someon burned a wooden cable spool or something, thats the kinda crap that does give us riders a bad name for sure. A place near the Dayton Motorcycle Club has some trail and I was told it went down hill when ATVing started to get popular. They'd get drunk and burn the picnic table and push the out houses down the hill. Kinda ran off the good guys since it got all hill rat out there.
If you say there is a place I can go in a area withing a hour or less from the Dayton Mall that has some trails and jumps I'll be there :)

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
Ruffman,

I understand your problem. Unfortunatly if you live in a highly populated area there won't be much riding. I usually drive 2-4 hours to ride.

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Well when I do get my property you all will be invited.
Dead, you might have moved by then but you know you would always be welcome.
I was looking in SugarCreek last year and found a nice piece of land that would be good for a decent track built the way I like, a jump ever 10 seconds instead of ever 2 seconds. House needed alittle work but had a 5 acre back yard, 200G's though which would tap me an not leave alot for remodeling.
Speaking with the guys at DMC they told me it might be a better idea not to worry about the land you get with the residence. They said I should get like 100 acres of corn field and rent it out to farms but keep like 10-20 acres myself for riding. The only problem is if its not nearmy house I wouldnt be able to see whats going on there. I wouldnt care who came but there will always be that group that burns the picnic tables and leaves empty beers all over the place.

motox26

Feb 9, 2005
Trying to see who rides in the Dayton, Cinci. area. I coming from Waynesville. Just raced at Mayesville last Sat. anybody go down there?

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Hello motox26,
Theres a place Im riding thats a few exit north of the Dayton Mall. Im from Yamaha of Troy and we have a new rider in training. His dad has some property thats nice to ride on. When the conditions are right it has a nice jump section going into a whoop section then a mulch track going toward beat up rutted straight, starting from the beginning again.
There is a new indoor that opened in Kentucky, about 2 hours south of Dayton called Earlywineracing.com.
Havent been there yet was told by the guys at the shop its a fairly easy track. Theres a bunch of pic on there site to check it out.
Talk to you later :)

haagendoss

Mar 9, 2005
there are several good places to ride trails down here in kentucky. maysville has a new indoor, as well as about 400 acres open to public, you just have to buy a pass (can't remember how much though, maybe $15 a day?) There is a pretty cool place in Ironton, OH to ride trails, $5 a day, called Hanging Rock... I also ride a lot in Morehead, KY, also $5 a day, not real technical but good place to get out and ride. Anyone down in this area let me know and i'll show you around!!!

acr250rider

Feb 6, 2005
XR-MAN said:
If it's not a public riding area, which it's not, then it's private property. If you don't have the owners permission then it's illegal, which it is. Put is this way, can I come to your house and do donuts in your yard because is doesn't have a no trespassing sign?
What are you the police if you are not on so home owners property tears up stuff and stealing what is the harm?

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
acr250rider said:
What are you the police if you are not on so home owners property tears up stuff and stealing what is the harm?
I can't believe the lack of respect you have for someone else's property. Using land without permission is the same as using a car without permission. IT IS STEALING. Your attitude makes all dirt bikers look bad.

Top Bottom