Oil biuld up on exhaust

sho061

Mar 9, 2010
Hey guys. I am a newbie when it comes to 2 strokes. I finally got to take my 2000 kdx 220 out for my first ride on it. It was a blast. I went to the tillamook state forrest here in oregon. After the day of riding I noticed some oil build up coming out the exhaust.

Is this normal? Or is it running a tad rich? Anything I should be concerned about?

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
Kind of hard not to get some oil around the end of the exhaust opening even at high dilutions. The higher the RPMs you ride at, the less you'll have of build up. I am always putting around on single track, so I usually have some burnt oil collected on the exhaust tip at the end of each ride. If you have a lot of it, you might be running too rich an oil mixture or just have some rich jetting in the carb.

sho061

Mar 9, 2010
K. I'm runnng like 40 to 1 mixture. I do ride at the lower Rpms in the tight trails. I didnotice I had some oil leaking out the back end of the xhaust. I think it's time to repack.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…