KLX300guy

Feb 18, 2001
After about 5 rides on my new CR250 oil has started to drip onto my swingarm. It's coming from where the pipe connects to the silencer. I know that it's fairly common because I've heard people talk about it before, but how can I fix it? Does it mean my jetting is too rich? Thanks for any help.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Hmmmmm :think: My KX leaves a major pool of spooge on the swingarm and plenty of drool out of the silencer after each ride, but it seems to run great. I was thinking that it was just a two stroke thing, but maybe it needs looking into. The plug looks a bit dark, but not really oily. I went down one step on the pilot, and it cleaned up the off idle response.

Last edited:

KLX300guy

Feb 18, 2001
So if it's too rich, do I need to lean out the main or the pilot jet? Or should I just leave it the way it is? Sorry for the same old questions but I really appreciate the help.

Rutbuster1

Sep 30, 2002
I haven't seen a 2 stroke yet that didn't leak excess oil yet where the silencer joins to the pipe or where the pipe joins the jug. "IT IS NOT A CASE OF BEING TOO RICH!!!" It is a simple case of the rubber connector that joins the silencer and pipe is not sealing properly. IT IS NORMAL!! If you don't want the splooge on your swingarm I offer this simple fix. Cut a piece of old inner tube to wrap around the pipe and silencer where it connects. Place a clamp on both ends and ta-dah. No more leak. For those of you who talk about the bike being too rich, if the bikes plug is a golden brown, then jetting is no problem. If you have NO OIL at all coming from the pipe or silencer, then you are running way too LEAN.. You probaly have to rebuild your top end quite often. I know my theory works cause I am a avid racer in Hare Scrambles and MX. I rebuild my 250 one to two times a year and my 200 once a year. It depends on what the compression test shows. If the bike is within specs I rebuild, if not, I leave it alone. I run a 40:1 ratio in both my bikes and have no problem what so ever. I run race gas 50/50. I richen a little in the winter months and lean some in the summer. (Depends on how cold it gets or where I'm racing) It's not over 5 either way.. I've been racing 25 years and haven't had a problem with the way I do things yet... (Nor do the bikes.) Rut

Top Bottom