MC795temecula

Jun 26, 2006
I am sorry if this has already been asked on here before but when im done riding my bike, black oil looking stuff leaks out of the silencer. A lot of it. It drips onto the swingarm. Obviously Im not a mechanic and I just cant seem to figure out how to stop it. My friend told me it was normal on a 2 stroke but he rides a four stroke and I dont think he knows what hes talking about (no offense josh lol) because when im at the pits at the local track, all the other guys with 2 strokes dont have that problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's called spooge.
Question: Are the other guys at the track that don't have spooge faster than you? Is there a difference in the way they ride? Like... they have the throttle twisted a lot harder?

MC795temecula

Jun 26, 2006
uh, yeah. thanks. I did a search for spooge and jetting seems to be the problem.

I pass some of the guys at the track. Thats why I didnt understand why it would leak like that because I was always on the pipe but now that I found out that its just because of bad jetting it makes sense. thanks again for the fast reply.

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
we made a huge mistake once..ran 24:1. and there was alot of that stuff. changed our mixture to 32:1 and rode a little harder and it's all good now.

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
yeah. because there was oil spilling out all along the swing arm and some other places. a buddy i ride with got the mixture wrong. the plug also fouled.

kiwijohn

Dec 22, 2004
Spooge it up!!

Hey man... spooge is caused by an exhaust port temperature that is too low.... oil is escaping fromthe cylinder without being totally burnt up. Seems to be a common probelm with overly rich jetting.

Read up on jetting your bike and go from there :ride:

Laters fella.

Top Bottom