fishy7509

Oct 10, 2004
hello i saw the previous forums about how to fix a crack in the bottom of the case by the drain plug. so i took it to a welder who has fixed these before. he put some silicon long where the 2 cases come together and welded mine up and re-tapped the threads.i brought it hoput onme took out the bolt a copper washer i got from my local suzuki dealer. put the fresh oil in took it for a spin then put it back in the garage for the time being.came back about and hour later and noticed it was still leaking. is there somthing else i can do about it or check. iam pretty sure that the botls tight enough . i dont want to risk puttin much tighter for fear of stripping the threads. do u think if i were to put teflon tape on the bolt if the leaking would stop.

fishy7509

Oct 10, 2004
the welder fixed the crack but its still dripping. i dont think the bolt is gettin a good seal. could i put a rubber o-ring on it or teflon tape. any ideas

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
teflon tape might help, then again it might not really add any value...give it a try - an o-ring might help....or you can tell everyone that you have a custom bike with a continuous oil cycling system that ensure there always clean oil in there.....well, not really.

Yfox05

Mar 4, 2005
I have the same problem but the crack is through the threads and a little bit on the bottom. Is there any way to fix this problem? Is it possible to weld casted aluminum?

Top Bottom