Oil fill window

gshaus

Feb 3, 2003
I was wondering if anybody was familiar with changing out the oil fill window on the clutch case? Any suggestions on the best way to do this??

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Is your cracked or leaking?  I've never heard of anyone changing this out except for the poor guys who have had lots of small metal pieces flying around in the case.  :eek:

Scottyx

Feb 21, 2002
If you really need to replace it then just smack the old one out from the outside and pop in the new one from the inside...simple as that. I know cause i hit a rock and opened a section of the cover, i had a welder friend do a pretty good job on it and popped in a new window..good luck

gshaus

Feb 3, 2003
Scottyx, I have a '96 kdx 200. I don't know if it really makes a difference or not, but it appears that the window pops out the other direction. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of adhesive used to keep it in place. I also broke the clutch cover. The crack and hole were to wide to repair, but luckily when I drained the oil there was plenty left and there were no metal shavings!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…