foxa4

Jan 28, 2002
I have a 93 KDX 250 I am working on an oil leak at the drive shaft. I have searched all the past discussion about this problem and found all I need to know to fix it. My problem is I removed the sleeve and O ring and cleaned the lip seal to see if that stops the leak. In looking at the diagrams of the transmission assembly from the www.buykawasaki.com web site I noticed it shows 2 O rings. I only found one on my bike. I even looked up the diagram for a KDX200 it’s a little different but pretty much the same. It also shows 2 O rings the same part number. Dose anyone know if I need 2 O rings? Maybe that’s why it’s been leaking. Thanks for any response.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
I am having a similar problem with a leak on my 93 KDX 250. I am wondering, can you take all of this apart from the exterior, that is without spliting the cases? Also from what i have learned in my post, you need two o rings. How did you get your seal and things off the bike?

foxa4

Jan 28, 2002
2 O rings sound good to me! I have my doubts about removing the lip seal from the outside on the KDX250 I haven’t tried it yet all I have done is remove the sleeve that fits over the shaft and the O rings that’s behind it. I sprayed some cleaner in there to wash out any dirt around the lip seal. I’m just going to see if this fixes the problem. I tried to search the archives about this but it didn’t go back far enough so I search through all the past strings from the beginning. I can send you all the information I found in a word file to make it easier. It seemed like the guys who removed the lip seal from the outside had KDX 200s not sure if there is a difference good ol Canadian Dave said himself that it can be done but on a 250 not sure. If this fix doesn’t do it ill give it a try.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
well from what i gathered from my bike, YES you do need 2 o-rings because there were two in my bike. However one of mine was ripped ih half so that is probably the cause of my leak and i can about guarantee that yours is caused by a MISSING o-ring! so that is good news for you and me both. From what i have learned and seen i think that the lip seal can be removed with a seal puller or something of the sort and pressed back into place with a socket. Probably not the "correct" way to do it, but it would work. It does sound like both of our problems are orriginating where the o-rings are in place as those are what do the brunt of the OIL stopping and the lip is more or less like a dust seal similar to the dust seals on your forks. In conclusion, thanks for all your help and i'm glad i could give you the answer you were looking for as far as your problems were concerned.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom