dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
I have a 2000 rm250 and I was wondering if oil coming out of the exhaust pipe is normal since it is burning both fuel and oil.

For example, after I go out riding my exhaust has a small black drip that is coming out of the exhaust tip. It seems to be oil.

Any thoughts if this is normal for a two stroke.

*KISSofDEATH*

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 1, 2006
It's called spooge and it's normal for a two stroke

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Thanks man. I was starting to get worried.

I am new to two strokes and all the advice on this site is great.

This site rocks.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, you cant get away from that stuff completely, its unburned excess oil and overtime it will load up your silencer packing. If your using a good ratio and oil, and your plug looks good, a little of the black stuff is fine, if you cant see your swingarm anymore , you may need to rejet.theres tons of great info in the advanced search function, limit the search using "search titles only" + keyword.

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Thanks for all the advice. The ratio that I am using is 32:1. I got that from the manuel and I also put a thread yesterday and a few people varified that that ratio is good. What do you think?

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
i have an 02 rm250 and it would spooge a good amount - i went 1 lower on the pilot, andit fixed it - i run mobil1 mx2t 32:1
[/QUOTE]

Where is the pilot? And how doe I go 1 lower on it. Sorry again I am mx newbie.

Mar 1, 2005
first off i would by a manual so you can identify all parts of your bike easily.your pilot jet is in the carb under the float bowl.loosen the carb clamps on both sides and then you can rotate the carb to access the bowl.there are two jets under there,the one in the middle is your main jet and other is the pilot.to go a one size smaller pilot you would need to remove it,read the number thats stamped into it and buy one with a lower number.lower#=leaner higher#=richer.remember to only change jets one size at a time then try the bike out and see how it reacts.hope i was able to help.

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
You helped out a lot. One more questions. What does it mean to run lean and to run rich.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
lean goes...

rich goes boooggg boooggg puff brrrraap drool.
lean goes ringy zingy tinny sieze.

less fuel in the air-lean
more fuel-rich.
sorry, had to goof off there...generally we are talking about the amount of fuel in the air being supplied to the cyl. Not to be confused with the amount of oil in the fuel. When you drop your jets a number down you are putting in a jet with a little smaller orifice to reduce the amount of fuel in the air and vice-versa with larger number jets. Also by pulling the "c" clip on your needle and raising it up one notch towards the top of the needle, you are allowing the needle to sit down further into its seat causing more restriction of fuel, and a leaner mix. you also have an air screw on the side of your carb that for now should be set to standard untill you find a good middle ground on the jetting------one size smaller-leaner pilot also worked to cut back some of the drool on my rm. lots of good jetting info on this site go to 2stroke cr/rm/yz/kx forum and jetting links.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
riding on the rich side is safer it means more fuel, which carries oil to lubricate. excessively lean bikes dont carry enough fuel/oil through the engine for lubrication and you could have problems. a little bit of drool from the pipe is not a problem. its proof you have a 2 stroke.

Top Bottom