Jul 4, 2006
2007 KX65 Works Performance piggy back with a 60-80lb spring. Rider is 60lbs and an intermediate level. Without linkage had to back off compression to 2 from bottom, on the stiff side from heavier spring from what we ran before. After installing linkage it made the bike a whole different animal. It's working the shock so hard I have to run the compression almost all the way to keep it from being way to mushy. Can't get the sag right either, had to put 4 turns in the collar try and get the sag closer but still not right. Also the shock is bottoming hard but the rebound is ok (enough) to keep from bucking him off.

The linkage works great in the smaller choppy stuff he says he doesn't even feel these bumps and the tire stays glued. But I just don't like the shock performance on the first half of the stroke it just goes thru it to easy and leads to bottoming.

Anybody else try this setup? I don't really want to give up on a $225 piece just yet, I'm really hoping valving will cure this. There's only about 10 hours on this brand new bike and shock setup.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom