one huge thank you and just a question or two

dbd

Apr 11, 2001
First things first .I need to thank all that replied to my thread 2 months ago on proper bike for weight ,height and experience.All responces helped with my final decision ,it was tuff but I'm the owner of a 01 YZ426F and couldn't be happier.Love the bike ,the power, and the handling but now it's time to maintain the beast and here are my questions.I have aprox. 15 hours on the bike total ,two oil changes and filter cleanings,other odds and ends as to up keep of bike .one;; value inspection now or with more hours on bike ?.Two;; in the book it states to remove the carb while doing the inspection ,is that nessassary.?Any and all insights to these questions would be helpful .thanks again to all, safe riding dbd.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:D - You'll love it. Brings new meaning to the phrase "Twist & Shout":scream:

Sounds like you got everything covered except to check the bearings for ample grease.

I have yet to touch the carb on my 2K 426.......:eek:

Last edited:

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
congratulations!

check the valves for the first time between 20 and 30 hours.

there is no need to remove the carb or the radiators.

taraker is right. take that puppy apart and grease it up. don't take the yellow solid lubricant out of the linkage bearings, just make sure to smear in some good waterproof pooky as an addtional feel-good.

dbd

Apr 11, 2001
tHAT MEANS ,STEERING HEAD ,WHEEL BEARINGS ,AND SWINGG ARM RIGHT ?THANKS WILL FOR THE INFO ON THE VALUE ADJUSTMENT ,IWASN'T LOOKING FORWARD TO TAKING THE CARB OFF UNLESS I HAD TO .

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
especially the steering stem and wheel bearings. you will find that yamaha cheaped out on us and didn't even put seals in the front wheel bearings! plan on replacing them before too long. an equivalent -2rs ("2 rubber seals") part number can be easily found at a bearing store or from someone like boss bearing or worldwide bearing.

wp.

Top Bottom