Online insurance?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Has anyone had any experience with getting quotes and buying auto insurance online? It'd be kind of handy for me to check rates through a few different places (bad driving record hahaha) but I don't really know what site to go through. Figured I'd see if anyone here had some recommendations instead of just going to Google.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Did you try the Geico site? They are supposed to give you their rate and rates from others. One thing to keep in mind... when I was shopping insurance for my Harley, I checked with alot of places on line and was declined by State Farm due to the fact that they had so many inquiries into credit for insurance purposes. I thought that was really odd, but that is what the lady told me when I talked to her on the phone.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don't want them checking my credit . . . not all ins. companies base rates on credit.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
firecracker22 said:
I don't want them checking my credit . . . not all ins. companies base rates on credit.

Nope not all of them do... but enough did that it affected my insurance with State Farm. Just saying to be careful before going hog wild checking every insurance site on the net is all. Good Luck.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Try Progressive as well. I set up our dirt bike insurance, all on-line.
I also had them quote auto insurance recently, but their rates were still more than we pay with State Farm.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I did mine through Costco (American Express) online and their rates were cheaper then what I had at State Farm. I kept my bikes at State Farm though, it was cheaper for them there.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Insurance companies have a service that tracks all your inquiries, claims, and denials. I forgot the name of it.
I submitted a claim, it was denied, then I got dropped and the new insurance company charged more because of the claim :bang: but that was on a Home policy, during construction, but the point is they all share their information.
Also, I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for! Just becuase it cost less doesn't mean it's going to be better. Also if you buy online and end up having an accident whos gonna help you? It's much nicer to have the help of a good Agent!!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
NICB National Insurance Crime Bureau/Base whatever, they hold al the information that companies have access too, as well as law enforcement. Shows all claims and such as well as Worker's Comp claims. Shows vehicles involved in accidents, fires, thefts, etc... and claims under your name or address.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…