scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I am trying to decide what kind of bike to replace my 02 400EXC with and I have narrowed in down to an 03 250EXC, CR250 or YZ250. If I go with the Jap Crosser I am going to have to do something about lights as most enduros up here require working lights. I know about the E-line but it is pricey. I see Moose and Baja Designs both make lighting coils. Has anyone tried one of them? I dont need enough power to actually see at night, just to be legal. Does the E-line add the flywheel effect as they advertise. Is the effect better than a FWW? Thanks for any response.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Hey Scott,

Here's my dream bike:

A 03 YZ250, with softened suspension, a welded crank and a flywheel weight.

From what I've heard, if you simply put the Flywheel weight on the bike, the crank can and will become misaligned fairly easily. I can't say I've ever seen it happen first hand..

But, I'd also get a softer seat foam, which would probably mean a taller one, a bigger tank, and a blue plate.. As for lights, I'd say simply get the smallest, lightest thing you can get, because they don't work that good for lighting a trail anyway.

Jon!

(ps... Anyone selling any enduro Computers?)
jmutiger@msn.com

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My bike had an e-line when I bought it and I love it! I never rode the bike without it, but low rpm power is very tractable and smooth. Perfect for nasty trails. In theory, the e-line is better than a flywheel weight as it smooths the power without adding rotating mass/gyroscopic effect that can make the bike less nimble.

mcnut182

Nov 5, 2002
I also have an E-Line on my '99 CR250. I had an E-Line on my '95 CR250. On my '89 and '91 CR's I had an HRC factory lighting coil (very low output). I think the E-Line is worth the money. I believe it helps the bottom end but I only rode my CR once without it.

Top Bottom