Feb 20, 2004
HI guys um i wanted to ask you what i should buy for a yz250 to make it a woods weapon i was thinking of buying a sealthy flywheel weight 11 oz and a moose lighting coil stator. i wanna keep the mx stiff suspention for the jumps i do.i am gonna have the work done by my dads freind who is an ex motocross champ in my state. thanks for tips and i am building a budget bike with the budget being the less the cost the better

Feb 20, 2004
i do ride at night and i will need that stiffer suspetion so i can do the jumping i do and so i do want the suspeion stock stiff. i have had soft suspetion and didn't like it alot so im gonna go with stiffer suspetion

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Flywheel weight, handguards (preferebly alum like EE or Cycra), skid plate, radiator braces. more money? steering damper (WER is best for the $$).

good luck with the stiff suspension in the woods. :joke:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
IF you are adding a lighting stator, that is supposed to add some flywheel effect. With that being the case, you may not need the flywheel weight.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I was running an '00 YZ 250 in the woods, and have NOT liked it too much. Now that I have a WR250F, the YZ sits in the garage.

1) Stiff suspension is gonna kill you in the corners and tight stuff. Forget about it, IMHO

2) Bark busters are a must, I have Acerbis Rally Pro's and love them, they have saved my hands and bars more times than I can tell you.

3) Weight that flywheel. My YZ has more than enough bark to pull the tight uphill stuff, but there are times when I need the extra spin

4) In all seriousness, if you want a woods weapon, MX bikes are not the answer. Once I got my WR250F..... well......

WR250Z

Sep 21, 1999
My '01yz250 is great in the woods. Suspension done, eline lighting coil, ESR pipe and power everywhere. To me, the wrf felt a little pokey on the bottom with my 200#.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Ive had both an 01 and 02 YZ 250 and they made excellent enduro bikes. I still have the 02. Almost all of my 250s were mxers that I converted to enduro use and all worked extremely well. As with any bike, they just have to be set up right. With the suspension revalved they wont kill you in the woods. I rode my 02 stock for a season and it wasnt too bad. I did ride a YZ 250 F that a friend of mine had and found it to be alot like riding a 125. Too much clutch work and not enough low end for me.
Rob not Lissa

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom