Opinions on Moving to Central or East Texas

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
From a riding stand point what does everyone think. I am going back to school this coming fall and I have acceptances to schools in San Antonio, Houston, Lubbock, and Galveston. I have become spoiled living in El Paso because you can ride open desert just about anywhere and the track is only thirty minutes from my house. Riding is my main source of r&r so I would like to be somewhere I can ride without going to too much trouble (i.e. driving far). I will be in school most of the time with very little free time so I can't really make weekend trips to go to tracks, etc...

I am making this a big part of the decision as to where I go to school so all input is appreciated.

P.S.- I am leaning towards Galveston so if anyone knows of riding near there (preferably trail) please let me know.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
DUDE! None of those town are "east texas"! Even though everything IS east of El Paso. LOL ;)

Where in El Paso are you? I make the treck back there once a year and drag a trailer with all the bikes and enjoy the dez! I spend my time in the upper valley when there.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
west side. drop me a line next time you are down and we can go for a ride

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You need to base your decission one the school NOT riding areas. There are places to ride in the area of of all of those cities.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Pat makes a very good point. Your success in school will determine your future success in the business world and give you all the freedom in the world to ride even more.

There are lots of tracks in the Houston/Galveston area and trails abound in the "bottoms" and just north in the Sam Houston National Forest.

Lubbock surely has some tracks and there is a large park just south of town northwest of Post.

San Antonio I don't know ...

The most important thing to do is get the education "right", everythign else will follow.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
all the schools are very similar. the only difference between them is the location and specialties. one school may be better at one area than another. as i do not know what i will be specializing in yet i can't really make an informed decision based on that.
i have interviewed at all of the school and liked them all. i didn't inlude the other schools i interviewed at that i thought i would not enjoy. just the schools i think i would excell in while attending.

motorcycles will not be the only thing i base my decision on, but it will carry a good amount of weight.

just trying to narrow down my selection more as i have already given it a large amount of thought.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
if you like trail, try and pm Danman. he rides with lubbouck trail riders and they have a big freaking lease to ride on. there is also the canadian river trails to ride around amarillo along with lake makenzie. not familiar with the mx in the area.

Top Bottom