GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm just remembering all these other great things about school!

Like everyone in the the kitchen in the morning having coffee before we went out to ride....the sound of the first bike of the morning starting up...Holly proving that you did not have to bring a bathing suit to use the pool!....The chatter at night of the Girls Bunkhouse and all of our interesting topics!.....Dave's campfire descriptions of how all the trails got named...Hearing about how Zack nonchalantly pulled a figure 8 on a steep hill the other guys had a hard time on...Everyone piled into the living room, crowded around a mini sized television watching the video tape of the days rides laughing hysterically at one of Buddy's crashes....the Wild River Brewery Saturday Night, everyone wanting to have their picture taken with Kerrie and Nicole...Seeing how dirt biking was a very important common thread among the couples...Nicole's description of MonkeyButt...Everyone sharing tools, helping each other out with their bikes, helping the fallen get back up again...Ellen almost "girlin' out" when we gave her the thank you card...getting my TURN THE GAS ON DUMMY sticker (hey, I wasn't the only one!)...Every rider recounting the day's triumphs and congratulating each other for personal bests...Karna pointing out to Justin that they would not be able to race in two weeks thanks to the broken collar bone (accompanied by a loving nudge of her toe to his prone body lying in the grass - so harsh woman!!)......The total elation everyone experienced upon their first live wheelie!

I sure hope we do this again soon - what a great time! Everytime I think about Oregon I just get this big smile on my face from all the good memories!!

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
LOL!! No Holly, you were quite creative with your attire, but you were NOT in your birthday suit!!

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Just wanted to bring us all back to the moment right before the "loving nudge" when Justin said, "Oh, Babe, what about work?" and I responded, "Work? What about our race in two <actually three> weeks!?!" and proceeded with my loving nudge to remind him I where I was standing amongst the crown of spectators.

Hey, us dirtbiking women have our priorities! Riding always wins over earning an income on any day ;)

Regardless of the end result, Justin and I had a wonderful time and can't wait to ride again, soon!

Karna

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Well, I can honestly say, I've turned green of y'all. Nicole, while you're going national, have a think about going international ;)
Seriously though, is this going to be an annual event? If so, book me in for 2004 (anyone want to buy a kidney, I'm sure Henk doesn't need his?)

It sounds/looks like an absolutely awesome time.
Michelle

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Hi to Everyone!
I am finally connected to the DRN! The pictures that everyone has posted are fantastic! The weekend was great... teachers were great... and it was a pleasure meeting all of you. It was great to see so many women on dirt bikes! I want to extend a big thanks to Karna who picked my bike up when I got trapped under it on day 1! I definitely got some interesting bruises from that crash!

For those of you that live in/ around the Bay Area, we should try to organize a ride sometime!

Jennifer
DRZ250

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Jennifer!
Welcome to DRN!
I'm so glad to know that you are now a DRNer.

You did great at the school. Nobody could recognize you as a rider who just started riding dirt bike two months ago. Also you looked so cool with the yellow riding wear on the yellow Suzuki!

Buddy and I live in Pleasant Hill, and it's not so far from San Jose, so let's get together sometime soon.

We are thinking of riding on this coming weekend probably in Forest Hill. The next Enduro will be held in the same area on June 2. If anybody interested in joining, please let me know.

Mini
;)

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Hi Mini!

Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the compliments. I still have a lot to improve on. You have not seen me yet on the trails.... Buddy saw me bag out on the intermediate ride in Oregon... he might have an idea... Oregon was my first time riding in the forest...
What type of riding is there at Forest Hill? Would there be easy to intermediate trails for newbees?

Jen

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Jen!
I met many nice people through DRN and got encouragement from them.
This is a great forum, and I guarantee you will enjoy talking about almost anything. See, I can talk like a senior now!

As for Forest Hill, I've been there only once when I just started riding dirt bike. So I don't remember what kind of trails there were, but people told me the trails in Forest Hill are easier than those in other riding areas in Northern California. I would say beginners to imtermediate!? Only few advanced!?
I will get more info in the next few days and let you know.
If anybody knows about Forest Hill riding area well, please post!

Mini

Top Bottom