ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Made arrangements to meet Boodac and his 2 younguns' Sat. afternoon at the Oro Grande wash, as it would be a good halfway point for all to meet when riding out of our garages. ( Yeh, us desert rats are spoiled!:debil: )
About a half mile from the wash I notice the mighty KTM feels like a truck that's lost its power steering. Yep, front flat. Jr. and I make a quick trip to the truck stop for some air in a can, and it did a good job of coating the outside of the tire as it quickly puked out.

We decide to ride back to the agreed upon meeting place and wait to explain our demise. There's a nice practice jump where we were waiting, so I encourage Jr. to try it. He gets 3' of air on his first try! (1st time he's ever jumped a motorcycle.) Well, once he realizes how fun it is to be airborne, he proceeds to hit it over and over and over.....
When Boodac and his son and daughter show up, he offers up a ride on his KX when he sees my demise. Not being one to turn down trying out new machinery, I accept. After a quick spin, he grabs his daughters YZ, and he, Jr. and I go for a quick loop.
When we get back, we encourage the 2 125 riders, ( Jr. and Boodacs' daughter ) to take a ride together. It's a good opportunity to shoot the breeze, and plan future rides.
Boodac---I'm sorry we didn't get to ride like we planned, but I know the boy had a good time, and he really enjoyed your daughters bike. THANKS A LOT! Guess I better start saving NOW.:ugg:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001

It took a little coaching to get him to try the YZ but once he got on and rode, he didn’t have any apprehensions. He has the jumping part down and after looking at the bent sub frame on his bike; he seems to have the crashing part down too. I couldn’t help but laugh at how the front plastics and stuff started falling off. I was thinking, “he’s not going to be on this old bike long”. I was thinking that you should give him the three smoke and get yourself a new bike. Well at least that's how Id try to convince the old lady.
Looking foward to ride with the crew on the next outing. Thats if Bundy doesnt do his superman routine before hand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom