Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
Ok so I dumped my bike yesterday. I knew when I hit the jump (which I have done 1000 times before) that I was going way too fast. It was too late. Not really sure what happened after that it was all so fast, but I ended up on the ground with the bike on top of me, the fence stopped us I think after I was already on the ground. (electric, yes I got shocked too). I thought I was just sore and would be ok, but I had really bad back pain all night and went to ER this morning. I damaged my right kidney when I smacked the ground yesterday or maybe it was when the bike landed on me. Have a really bad swollen bruised left thigh and in a lot of pain all over, but doc says the kidney should heal itself. My whole body hurts LOL.. Ok Im done whining now. :ugg:

Kpicha

Sep 11, 2004
Ouch! I wonder now if you're thinking of getting a kidney belt ;) I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope you get better quickly. Did the doc say how long, if at all, to stay off the bike?

Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
Kpicha said:
Ouch! I wonder now if you're thinking of getting a kidney belt ;) I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope you get better quickly. Did the doc say how long, if at all, to stay off the bike?
He said not to get back on for a while, but I can honestly say it will be a while with the way I feel LOL> :bang:

chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
Well that bites! Attacked by an electric fence. I guess the bright side is the fence could have been barbed wire. OUCH!
Best wishes for a quick recovery. Remember drugs are your friends.

Sep 28, 2004
im sorry too lol that really sux......i hope you feel better soon and dont start riding untill u feel better, you dont want to hurt yourself more.......best wishes xoxoxo
luv ya,
becki

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Ouch!! Electric fence...haven't hit one of those yet...kidney belt, great investment! I won't ride w/out mine.

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Ouch, ouch, ouch! You crash, end up with the bike on top of you & then to add insult to injury, the fence that stopped you shocks you. :eek:

I do hope your kidney and thigh heals quickly!

Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
No, the only person that was here at the time was my 7 year old son and he was inside playing his PS2. But I guess he could have called 911 if he had to..I have never ridden without at least my 12 or 15 yr olds here just in case something should happen .. I bet ya I wont do it again. I was lucky that time and I dont want to push that luck.
bbbom said:
Dang, did anyone see what happened so you can avoid a repeat?

Hope you feel better soon.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Kryssie said:
No, the only person that was here at the time was my 7 year old son and he was inside playing his PS2. But I guess he could have called 911 if he had to..I have never ridden without at least my 12 or 15 yr olds here just in case something should happen .. I bet ya I wont do it again. I was lucky that time and I dont want to push that luck.

As much as I love to get out and ride I never ride alone. I have been tempted many times, but luck usually isn't on my side. I guess we have seen too many accidents at the track. We do try to go out as a family and get some practice in every now and then. I don't like my kids to try a difficult new jump unless the EMT's are there. Please be careful. Even the smallest crashes can cause the worst results! I can't believe your other son was inside and not out there with you!

SusanE

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Yikes, sounds pretty aweful!!! Take it easy when you do get back into action...My brother recently went through a barbed wire fence and WOW, NOT a pretty sight. He's got nasty gashes along his belly (He learned the hard lesson of never go riding in some field you don't know about when it's getting dark!) Getting shocked luckily won't have lasting effects LOL. Your kidney on the other hand needs TLC. Drugs really ARE your friends...

Good luck getting well!!!

Top Bottom