motoxaggie

Mar 5, 2004
I thought I escaped the mud race alive and well..but it seems I was wrong. My bike has some issues and I could use some experienced direction. I am sure I can do most of the work unless it requires special tools or more time than I have.

(Short version) Here are the facts that I have right now.

1. Boiled over at the CMC mud race - never have before.

2. Radiator was full prior to riding this past weekend at the National Forest.

3. Bike was running rich, fouled one plug at the Forest during the first 25 mile ride.

4. Rode about 15 miles of a second loop before bike started missing and idling really high. We pulled off it was overheated and the plug was clean looking like the bike was running lean. The radiator was empty again.

5. Filled it with creek water and it rode fine back to camp.

6. Noticed a thick grey fluid coming out of the overflow tube that is on the top right front side of the motor. Noticed the sight glass on the trans was grey.

7. Came home and drained the trans oil which was like grey paint. Filld the radiator and it seemed to drain straigt into the empty trans case.

8. Now she sits and waits while I educated myself!

Questions:

1. Did I blow gaskets, crack some thing or both?

2. What is the most likely scenario?

3. What is the worst case scenario?

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
1.Might be a waterpump seal - you may have toasted the waterpump impeller too.

2.As above

3.You have a new paperweight

motoxaggie

Mar 5, 2004
Do you mean the waterpump is the paperweight or is it possible to have done major damage to the motor and trans? I assume just the waterpump because the motor ran great after it cooled.

Thanks for the response.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
If you're not already aware of it - Smackover Motor Sports has a great Gas Gas forum where you will get detailed answers to your GG questions. Click below and go to "Talking Smack"

Click Here for Smackover Forum

Top Bottom