Paul1212

Sep 26, 2005
I want to buy some hinged knee guards, and am currently considering five different models:
The AXO TMKP (Total Movement Knee Protector)
The Six Six One Ricochet
The Fly Moto Knee Guard
The Alpinestars Bionic
The new (2006) Thor Force

What I want to find out is how the padding compares in these different knee guards. One reviewer said the Bionic is not well-padded (see this thread, tenth post down): www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132256&highlight=knee+guards
Hss anyone had a chance to try on and compare the padding in any of these five knee guards?

I’m probably most drawn to the Ricochet because of the added thigh protection. I know the current (2005) Thor Force is well-padded and has good thigh protection, but I’d rather get something that isn’t so bulky. (Plus I’ve read of some riders experiencing problems with fit in the Thor Force, and there’ve been reports of them causing knee injuries in some crashes also).

I’m also concerned about ventilation. From what I can tell by reading on the internet, it looks like the Ricochet is well-ventilated, and the Bionic somewhat ventilated, but the TMKP and the Fly Moto seem to have little ventilation (despite AXO’s claim to the contrary)

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
- Paul

Top Bottom