Paddle Tire

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
Ok first things first no laughing! I have put a paddle tire on my 01 XR100 with a larger rear sprockett (51). The guy who mounted the tire didn't put a rim lock on it. My original rear wheel has a rim lock but the new rear wheel didn't come with one. My question is should I put one on? And secondly just out of curiousity everyone is worrying if the bike can handle the paddle tire I think it should be fine but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I don't think an XR100 is capable of riding in the dunes. I mean honestly 125 bikes have a problem with burning pistons etc.....

Since your bike is air cooled I don't think you will build the speed to cool it properly :(

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
There is one place in south georgia I have heard of. But it is not at all like glamus. Basically just a lot of sand.

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
That is correct, GA. Albany to be exact. I have already taken it out there once back in June. Boy was that hot. It has rained the night before so early on I didn't have much trouble , but as the day wore on man oh man. That stuff was like riding on sugar. I just really don't think it would that hard on the bike. I mean the most a human can stand the heat is about an hour. What I meant was as far as turning the paddle tire. Alot of people have speculated on the abuse of having to turn the paddles. Its only a six paddle tire.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Again, to answer your question, YES you will need a rim lock.

I think that your bike will get you moving, but if you weigh over 90 lbs, it will have alot of trouble.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…