Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Panoram Computer - Trailtech

I may be redundant in this post, and if so --> Sorry!

I just have to tell all readers that the Panoram computer is a 'must have' for desert riders/racer (like me), and trail riders. This computer tells you everything you need to know. No more wearing a watch, or attaching it to your crossbar pad either.

You can buy it direct for Trailtech.net, arrives fast, and the customer service is awesome. I have e-mailed Geoff at Trailtech several times, and he is back to me in just a matter of minutes, not days like some companies out there. Trailtech now has a nice aluminum housing that looks awesome on the bike also. The new housing allows the unit to be in position for easy reading, and I can't even imagine a rock or tree being able to hurt this thing.

This is not a spam, I have nothing to do with Trailtech, other than loving their product! Check it out: www.trailtech.net

--Man I sure wish I could edit the title:o

Last edited:

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Agreed...

I gotta agree with Strick.... These are inexpensive, high quality units. It's the first mod I added to my XC. One small beef I had was that even though this kit was specific for my XC250, I had to use a dremel to notch the plastic on the pickup mount to make it fit like it should on the caliper. I suppose I didn't have to do it, but I wanted the fit to be perfect.

CRX

Jun 3, 1999
I agree. I have a Panoram and it is a quality piece of equipment. I also highly recommend the company. I had problems with the first one I purchased and they were very helpful with information and after unsuccessfully trying the things they suggested, they replaced the unit quickly.....CRX

xrsforever

Nov 2, 2000
I bought one also. Although it is not a serious enduro computer,it helps those who do an occasional enduro for $79.I use it for the time,average speed,speed,miles traveled &,odometer.Took 10 minutes to put on with no problems:cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Rodzilla
Yup,

what they said.

I second that "Yup"! - I understand that this fall they will be releasing an updated model that allows for easier increment and decrement of odo - which will make it even more attrative for enduro use. meanwhile - i just pencil in straight mileage on my route sheet (ie as if no resets) works for me..

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Adjusting distances

Originally posted by KTM Mike

I second that "Yup"! - I understand that this fall they will be releasing an updated model that allows for easier increment and decrement of odo - which will make it even more attrative for enduro use. meanwhile - i just pencil in straight mileage on my route sheet (ie as if no resets) works for me..
I'am doing some rides with road books where we do have partial distances a check points where I have to adjust the distance. Till know the only the ICO was able to do this.
With other the only thing way was to zero it...
Do you mean that there will be a new product this fall to solve this.....where did you got this info ??
Rgds RakO

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Adjusting distances

Originally posted by RakO

Do you mean that there will be a new product this fall to solve this.....where did you got this info ??
Rgds RakO

I had called Panoram with a question - dont recall who I spoke with - I commented about "gee to bad cant increment/decrement mileage" she told me that they are releasing a new product or updated "version" of the panaoram this fall (I think she said November)- guess it will sell for a bit more $. Give them a call or email for more info.

Geoff

Oct 9, 2000
The new increment/decrement version is the same price (with some other cool features too - scratch resistant, faster speed updates, brighter backlight...). Also, if you are real nice, you can get your unit upgraded for about $20.

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
I thought I saw the unit at Walmart the other day in the bicycle section. It was the same Panorama unit, no billet, for $29. Obviously it had mounting hardware for a bike.

That billet case is cool looking! Now is the billet one $75? Or is that more?

Last edited:

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
Hey Geoff

How about a backlight that stays on. I drove my bike to work and found out at midnight it only stays on for a little while. Great product and service!!!!!!!!! Glad to see your looking at extra options.

geman

Oct 6, 2001
Ditto on Nite Light

I like to ride at night occasionally. 12v aux power plugin would be a nice feature to maintain the light. When can we get one? I heard it's on one of TrailTech bikes being tested right now. The enduro funcions would be a most welcome feature. Also, since the unit has two calibration settings (for two bikes), could you put two magnets on the rotor, and switch to the second calibration if you lost a magnet?

Top Bottom