CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
What do you guys think of another Paragon ride? I had such fun last time that I want to get another group ride in before Ol' Man Winter sucks the fun out of riding.

You guys in?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'll think about it. I have to travel for work that week and the wife may frown upon anything that weekend. I still have stuff to get down around the house before the snow flies :eek:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Sounds like a plan! I know I said I'd be at the last one, and I kinda sorta was as I was at paragon, but running the truck... I would love to do some riding this time though, and certainly be into meeting you guys! I am a little concerned as I did some riding this past weekend (about 40 miles or so) and was hearing what sounded to me like piston slap when my engine reached full operating temp and bogging the engine through some of the higher gears before winding out..I'm hearing from some of the KDX guys that this is normal though, so... I will keep riding until then and keep you up to date! Sounds like fun to me! ~ Dave

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
This time I will be there, as long as I can keep the bike in one piece until then. I will be at Paragon this weekend also taking the cannondale for a test ride finally. They are setting up the suspension and tuning the bike for the trails, and I will pick it up Saturday for a Sunday ride. If I like the bike, I may have a new bike for the ride in November.

Dan

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Well Scooter, is it going to be an orange bike or a black bike on the 17th?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
It won't be either Orange or black :confused: but I'm still undecided if it will be blue or silver ;)

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ill try to be there, They are having a toys for tots ride this weekend I am going to try to make too. There may be some snow or ice up there though.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
JasonJ,
Are you talking about the toys for tots ride in Philadelphia? We may be coming down to that one from Allentown on Sunday. If so, lets hook up!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Trigger,

Paragon is hosting a toys for tots ride this weekeknd. If you bring a new, unwrapped toy, you get in for $15.

Dan

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
TTT

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The extended weather shows it's goning to be in the 40's :):):thumb:

I'm still not sure if I'll make it but don't count me out!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im still game! I did not make the Toys for tots ride, but I plan to be up on the 17th and probably this weeked too. The only way I wont be up on the 17th is if someting big unforseen comes up or if its below 40 degrees AND raining Or if there is ice on the ground,,,, 2 wheels are no fun on ice,,, unless youve got the tires for it :D.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hevester,

Everyone is welcome to come along, There is also another ride in the planning stages for sometime in May.(click here )
I am at Paragon almost every weekend, if you ever want to join in for a ride, just let me know.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hevster;

The more, the better. Where in Warren County are you? I live in the southern part of the county in Franklin Township.

Gary

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Scooter,

A couple of weeks ago you mentioned some old railroad tracks that run from Hopatcong to the Deleware river. What's the best access to these tracks? Do you know if there is good access from lower Warren county? The tracks I have been riding in Franklin Township are off limits for a while.

Thanks,
Gary

JPstealth

Jun 14, 2002
I should be there to, tagging along with scooter of course :) but i never know until last minute forsure. It should be all good though well thats if i can get my revalve done by then. :eek:

---------------------------------------------
Those who fear death, have yet to live

2002 CRF 450 - WC skid plate, WC rad. guards, WC frame guards, Applied Racing tripple clamp, Black Pro Taper bars (CR high), UNI airfilter, K&N oilfilter, DID X-ring chain, Renthal front and rear sprockets.
1997 CR 250 with everything that ever could be done to it (pretty much)
1990 RM 250 1st "real" mx bike
1981 YZ 250 SOLD!
1980 KDX 175 have to find time to fix the coil.
1975 MT 250 oldie but for sure a goldie!

Last edited:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I just got back from Paragon, and there is lots of new single track at the park. We spent almost the whole day on just single track and it was great. Unfortunately the day ended with a broken chain (not mine ), so we towwed the bike back to the truck and got there around 3:30.
Then I was sent back out on a search and recover mission ;) , for 14 people who were out where they were not supposed to be and couldn't get back up the hill they went down. One bike was out of gas, and one of the quads was dead. We got them around the hill but it was 5:30 by the time we got back to the parking area. So just remember when you are at Paagon(or anywhere else for that matter), if a trail is blocked off, it is usually done for a reason. But at least I got to have some fun riding in the dark at Paragon.

Hope to see everyone next weekend

Dan

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Scooter and I got to spend a day riding by ourselves at Paragon. Everything he said is absolutely true!! It is NOT a place you want to spend the night in the woods at, especially in November! Nobody knows Paragon like Scooter because he has made a lot of trails for them. Listen to what he says and you will be a better rider for it. Good job Scooter!! I am looking forward to the 17th!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I was up Saturday and yeah, the single track is AWESOME "Orange ribbon trail" That was a riot, I have never seen so many parts of bikes, chain guards, guides, skid plates, on the side of a tril befoe LOL. I hooked up with 3 great guys and we rode half the afternoon on the Hazelton side and came back and did the single track in Paragon. Really neat new trails, riding that single track, when we came out to the end of the trail was the first time I ever got lost in Paragon more or less,,,,, cool!!! We were twisting and winding through the woods, I was whooped but it was GREAT. There were more than a few places where the orange trail was marked that my bike would not even fit through, I had to stop, put one bar end through then the other , but it was neat, I just aimed for the tree that looked the easiest to knock over a few times and let the bark busters,,, (improve) the trail LOL ;) Definatly would not even think about puttin a quad on the single track wich is cool for us!!!
Hey Scoot, I think I saw you up there, You riding a KTM I take it? I saw a beat looking bunch towing some quads back in around 5 or so as I was riding back to the camp ground. The parking lot was packed, I have never seen so many people up there and it was not to crowded either.

Oh hey, I almost forgot,,,, they have a consession trailer there now selling all kinds of good stuff like Hot dogs, soup, chili, sandwichs, and drinks!!!!! SWEET!
So anyway, do we have a rally time and spot for Sunday??? Looking forward to meeting you guys and riding,,,, make sure all your nuts and bolts are tight!!! LOL.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
The nuts and bolts on the bike are all tight but the I still have a few screws loose in my head! :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom