• Little gremlins who ask silly questions

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
What can I say. There's just something about a man in purple tights and a skirt that turns me on :eek:
Dude, you're starting to freak me out... and quit calling my house with that heavy breathing crap! :moon:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
What a great weekend!

Squeakygirl and I started off on Friday morning around 6:30 am. We loaded up everything (or so we thought) and headed off to Allentown PA to meet up with jmics19067, and Trigger1911. Jmics had offered me a mig welder if I would come and get it, and the meeting point just happened to be Triggers hometown.
After a couple of hours on the road we found ourselves right on schedule, and gave trigger a call. He met us at a Home depot parking lot, and directed us to the tollbooth that had jmics waiting for us.
We made introductions, and transferred the welder. I still can’t get over the fact that he just gave me the welder. He didn’t even want me to give him gas money. Since it was noon, we decided to go have a bite to eat.

<<lunch break>>

From Allentown, we traveled up 309?? To Hazelton, and the campground. On the way the skies started to darken, and eventually we found ourselves in a pretty decent downpour. This had me kind of worried. The camper we just bought needed a new canvas, and I knew that there were some holes in the sides. As luck would have it, I didn’t need to worry. The skies cleared up in about 20 minutes, and not another drop of rain fell all weekend.

We were the first to arrive at the campground. We picked our spot, and set up the camper. In the process Squeaky tore another hole in the canvas. . . we really need to get that thing replaced!!.
As we were setting up camp, in rolled treejumper. I didn’t want to say anything, but this was the third time that he and I had been together for a ride. The first time was for DW01. We never got to ride together because his chain punched a hole in the case of his engine. The second time was DW02. He arrived, and spent the better part of two days trying to get his carb working. He ended up purchasing a new 450, but again, I didn’t get to ride with him. I was hoping that the third time would be the charm, and we would be able to actually get a ride in together.

Flying Scott was the next arrival. He showed up right after dark, with two children in tow. They were more intent on roasting marshmallows than worrying about setting up camp. What are Dads for anyway ;). He and I set about putting together “Uncle’s” tent.
The rest of the night was spent getting acquainted with Alex and Andrew. I was amazed at how many marshmallows they ate J.
We didn’t find out until later that Daniel Joseph, and friends had made camp in another section of the campground. Their rig to say the least was posh. We shouldn’t make too much fun of Woods for staying in a hotel. These guys just brought the hotel with them. Wait, I take that back, lets make fun of Woodspuppy and his lavender shorts anyway!

Saturday dawned with perfect weather. We got geared up, and headed out on the trail. Squeaky was doing great. This was her first real ride with other people, and not in an open pit. She must really like kicking, cause she kept shutting the bike off in the middle of the trail. Hehe. No, really she did great. When she ever climbed that first hill, I was slack jawed! I couldn’t believe she had not only tried it, but actually made it! So, I did what any proud papa would do. I gave chase, caught up with her, and since she was riding next to a puddle instead of riding through it I blasted through it in a celebratory splashing! She took it in stride, and I think started plotting her revenge at that point.

Hopefully some of our pictures come out good, because I’ve got some snapshots of Squeaky on her first trip into singletrack. She and I had split off from the group and went off to find some easy singletrack for her to cut her teeth on. Scooter pointed us in the right direction. I grabbed the camera and took a shot of her making her way through the trees. She went around a corner and out of sight, so I took off after her. I couldn’t help but chuckle when I found her. The point of trail she stopped at was about 6 feet wide. In the center of the trail was a 1-inch sapling. The trail was clear on either side. Squeaky had placed her front wheel squarely into the sapling. She had just had her first lesson in target fixation!
She was doing so well on the single track I decided to challenge her. The next section was a bit tougher than she had been on, but I figured she’d either do it or make me ride her bike out if it was too much. To her credit she tried her damnedest. Then another tree reached out and grabbed her pretty hard. After that, she lost her confidence a bit, it seemed. And she was getting pretty tired of picking the bike up, and starting it. She had made it almost 95 percent of the way through.
We finished out the day by making it back to the parking area. The rocky downhills that she traversed were testament to how much better she had become as a rider in only one days time.

Saturday night- good drinks, good conversation-good night

Sunday was another spectacular day. We really couldn’t have asked for better weather. We headed off like some of the others have said, to Turtle hill, a few water crossings, and some good trails. Again Squeaky surprised me with her determination to conquer every challenge that was set before her. Her boyfriend is going to be very surprised with her riding skills when he rides with her again.

The afternoon is where it really got interesting though.
We made it out to Howie Hill. Samantha made it up first try.
“I thought it was supposed to be tough ;)”, she said.
“Well, he couldn’t make it up”, I said pointing to RMguy. Heheh.
It was a blast!

Squeaky really impressed me. I knew she wanted to learn to ride, but this weekend demonstrated to me that she really loves this stuff! Good for her. It’s been really great to watch her grow as a rider.
It was a great weekend. I finally got to ride with Treejumper. I met Flying Scott, his wife and children. Silver bullet made an appearance, even though it was a short one.
Dave and Lori; they are the best. I always enjoy riding with them.
Kudos to RMguy for putting the whole shebang into motion. Great job
A big thanks to Scooter for showing us around on Saturday. You helped make the weekend great.
I know I’m leaving out a lot of people. But, you all made it a great time.
Thanks. I can’t wait for the next ride.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by JasonJ
Ok campers, turns out I get some web space with my cabel account, I scratched a quick page out in Word (yuk) but its got some of the better pics on it including Trigger and Lori's water woes :).

Ooh, I didn't realize you were taking pictures, either!!&nbsp;&nbsp; :eek:

Next time, remind me to ride through those water crossings RIGHT AFTER you do.&nbsp; ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great report big guy!!!! I love reading everyone elses perspectives...and this weekend really made me feel ready to buy a newer (lighter and easier to start) bike!

PATHUMPERGUY

Dec 13, 2001
well it was good to see everyone saturday night at the campground,maybe next time i'll actually get to ride with some of the group(not to discredit jason; nice loop!).to any one to stayed home because the weather,boy did you screw up;it was beautiful!thank to Gixxer and his bud for the help loading up on sat.-next time we'll make the ramp fit! so when are we going again?

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
PATHUMPERGUY,

So far under the PA riders posting we have formed some sort of attempt at a revival. So far for Memorial weekend probably the 25th, JasonJ ( maybe with his girlfriend ) RV6Junkie with his son and I with my 2 adorable children and my friend Phil ( the wife says money is to tight so I am working on her&nbsp; to go as well ).&nbsp; That is the plan- also our group probably will hit Traxx at Jack frost on Saturday and head to Paragon for Sunday.

I will start a thread under places to ride to see if there is more interest. Wanna come. :thumb:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"Ooh, I didn't realize you were taking pictures, either!!

Next time, remind me to ride through those water crossings RIGHT AFTER you do. "

Ehhh hehehehe, beware Jason in Stelth mode! Yeah, but remember I followed Trigger through the deep hole and nearly missed running over him as he apparently threw the XR down on the far shore in what appeared to be some type of FMX end of run celebration display :).
LOL, yeah, you have to remember to stay behind the helm cam guys, but infront or just behind the digital cam guys :). That being said, I see no pictures of me by anyone else so that means I had a good weekend and didnt fall to bad, or nobody saw me it or I got up before anyone got a camera out.
Yeah, the trail awaits pic was taken at the same spot as the one where Lori was waiting on the bike looking down and where Sam was getting some help up the hill, all shot at the same time. It was somewere before turtle hill on the South ridge coming up out of the vally.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I see lots of pics of me...gee I wonder why. I must fall in style or something! I just wish someone had gotten one of me taking my mud bath...I found that highly entertaining ;).

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by scooter1130
Dave,(not you RMguy)&nbsp;sorry I missed you Sunday.&nbsp; i figured maybe you left early, but give me a call and we will get together for a ride sometime soon.&nbsp; Sorry if it sounded like I was cutting the phone call short the other day, but I was still working at the time, which usually isn't a problem, but this customer was giving me dirty looks since I was talking on the phone about motorcycles, while I was fixxing his refigerator......some people just don't understand, its an addiction.

Time to start planning the next one

No problem at all Dan....I totally understand... :thumb:

Next ride!!! :yeehaw:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Everyone keeps talking about this next ride...I beleive that we should do another one...I had soooooooooooo much fun!!!!!! :)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
ahhh thank you all for the excellent posts and pictures. It had a double edge sword on it though for curing my anxiousness to get out and ride.

glad all of you had fun, dang SqueakyGirl you made it up Howe Hill 1st shot without a problem. Ugh I am only good for maybe 3 out of 10 tries. Also dont worry about downhills Gravity will always help you out one way or another , You will eventually get there :confused:

PapaKieth, don't worry about the welder , it was delivered to my door for free once. I believe there is a lot of good Karma in that thing, or atleast in the people that had it before me. I am just trying to keep the good flow going ya know! It suited my purpose for a bit and I hope it suits yours.

Memorial Weekend ride? Hopefully I will have my projects done and make that one!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Yup yup yup...one shot! Can you beleive it?

I even made it further than Trigger...but he'll keep blaming me for getting in his way I'm sure ;) !!!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah but like i told Trig, if they fall down go over them. :laugh: You'll see that on the tape which should be at your house by time you get home today.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hey I didn't fall...the tree caught me!

Oh goody ...my pics should be up tonight! I'm going to pick them up after work today!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
Wait, I take that back, lets make fun of Woodspuppy and his lavender shorts anyway!
Listen up Papacarnage, between you a Dan J. I'm going to bring the heavy-duty duct tape next time I ride with either of you.

Nothing gives me the heebie-jeebies like two guys checkin' out my butt. :eek:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I just put up a couple of pics that Squeaky and I took at Paragon. You can see them here
Also, I received the video footage from treejumper. Good stuff! I'll edit and post that as time permits.
keith

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hey, you got one of me!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Nice Tree Squeaky! Now i'll just have to teach you how to "Jump" over them. :)

You like that, huh? It says 'Sam was here' in hieroglyphics ya know! ;)

Aren't you going to teach me how to jump "into" rather than "over" the trees??? :laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Now that hurts! :moon:

Actually i thought i'd teach you the proper way from the start but if you really want to go "into" them first, we can do that. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Now that hurts! :moon:

Actually i thought i'd teach you the proper way from the start but if you really want to go "into" them first, we can do that. :)

Well, I've gotten "into" them on the ground down pat...actually I'm pretty good at it! :|

HAHAHA!!!!! Great video footage BTW....I can't wait to show Rob!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
HAHAHA!!!!! Great video footage BTW....I can't wait to show Rob!

Your welcome! Rub it in on how much fun he missed and what a wuss he is for not coming. :p

Oh, mail lady just dropped off my drivers license.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom