flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I have been a fan of TP ever since he was riding 80's. I think the kid has amazing natural talent. But I do partially agree with cr250can. I wouldn't call it "wasted talent", but I would certainly call it "unfulfillment of talent". The guy is crazy fast, and more than capable of running RC, CR, and even JS speed but, just can never seem to keep it on two wheels long enough to capitalize on it.

Do I think hes stupid for pursueing other interests that have proven less potentially hazardous to him.... Not in the least. I just (personally) find it disappointing that his sx/mx talents never came to full realization. Does my opinion concern TP too much....? I'm sure it doesn't. But, I'm sure many of you in this thread can say the same for your comments about rc, cr, bubba, etc...... We're all nothing more than bench racers sitting around talking trash. :) Think about that before you start bashing someone about their opinon's. :D

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
TP's a super nice guy with a lot of natural tallent and very little work ethic or ambition. Free-style should suit him well, nationals are too much work. IMHO he gets hurt racing because he doesn't train much and gets tired and loses focus. Its not my style, but to each their own. I'm sure that if he worked half as hard as Laroco he would do extremly well in MX and SX, but he doesn't and doesn't seem interested and as long as that's the case he will never be a great MX racer, good perhaps, but not great. I am sure he is aware of this and his actions are the result of a well informed desision. He makes plenty of money having fun and doing what he likes, why spoil that with a lot or hard work?

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
bikepilot is right on. most freestyle guys are not willing to work hard at conditioning. they are a totally diffrent breed of animal. :coocoo:

dante

Mar 24, 2004
bikepilot said:
TP's a super nice guy with a lot of natural tallent and very little work ethic or ambition. Free-style should suit him well, nationals are too much work. IMHO he gets hurt racing because he doesn't train much and gets tired and loses focus. Its not my style, but to each their own. I'm sure that if he worked half as hard as Laroco he would do extremly well in MX and SX, but he doesn't and doesn't seem interested and as long as that's the case he will never be a great MX racer, good perhaps, but not great. I am sure he is aware of this and his actions are the result of a well informed desision. He makes plenty of money having fun and doing what he likes, why spoil that with a lot or hard work?

if it takes two #1 plates to be "good" than most of the current 250 class must suck, by that logic...

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
this from The AMA motocross web site:

Cernics/American Suzuki/Michelin Team Manager Ron Meredith mentioned that Travis Pastrana may have a “part time” gig with the team in 2006. “If he wants to race Daytona, he can; if he wants to race Southwick he can. We’ll just have to wait and see for a while how it works out” said Ron.

How much are they paying him to do this part time?
Homer simpson once said about jobs " you just go in there every day and do it really half-a--ed, that is the american way"
Pastrana must be taking this to heart.
Does the manager know that TP is making the team look bad.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr250can said:
. . . Does the manager know that TP is making the team look bad.
The kid sells bikes, and shoes, and helmets, and SoBe, and whatever else he has sponsoring him. Roger D doesn't have quite as much say as American Suzuki as far as what Suzuki is gonna give Pastrana. They see marketing, and maybe a chance for a couple wins, and they got the Leprechaun to pull down the championships.

Suzuki has personality and persistence riding for them, it just happens to be from two different dudes.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
The dude is on disney channel all the time, he sells tones of stuff without working hard or doing much racing - he is probably a good investment for suzuki. He has a great personality, virtually everyone who meets him and hangs with him likes him - he's a people person - the exact opposite of laroco (my favorite pro:))

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
cr250can said:
if you couldn't tell I am a Pastrana hater.

Have you ever actually MET Travis? :think: He is the nicest person you'd ever hope to meet. He actually loves the sport and the fans.

I'm with Okie - Did Travis pee in your Cheerios or what?

bader3245

Jun 12, 2005
Pastrana is one of the Best overall riders to see 2 wheels in the History of Motorcycels....he took 18th outa 1500 at a bike rally in austia just for fun....come on man, he can do it all, and that is the problem, he wants to do it all and it ends up buring him.....i would much rather have his life vs. RC or MC....pastrans has nothing but fun all day everday.

Top Bottom