longtime

Oct 7, 1999
EXCELLENT REMINDER.

Weird that we need one. Think about it. Only 60 years ago and we're slipping on the date.

I wonder how long until September 11 starts to fade. . . ? :(

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
December 7, 1941 was the beginning of the end of Nazi's, and September 11, 2001 is the beginning of the end of terrorism.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
We will never forget!

My family lost a son in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor. :(

I was given his name when I was born.

My concern is that we are on the verge of repeating history.

While we become more distracted with the war on Terrorism, China still covets Taiwan!

Thank You WWII Vets.
:cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks to all the Vet's that give me the freedom I enjoy today. My prayers to the families that have lost their loved ones while serving for our country and also my prayers are out to those who are serving now to fight the war on terrorism. May God be with you, thank you
Carlo

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
My father joined the U.S. Navy on December 8, 1941. After basic training he was sent back to Camden, New Jersey where a cargo vessel was nearing completion of conversion into a CVL (Carrier Vessel - Light) and commissioned as the USS Belleau Wood. My father was a seaman stationed aboard the Belleau as an aircraft arresting gear operator. In June of '44, during a battle at sea, he injured his knee. The injury required extensive surgery so he was transferred stateside and later trained others to operate aircraft arresting gear in Philadelphia. One month after he was transferred off the Belleau a kamikaze pilot struck the deck near the stern. The seaman who took my father's place was killed instantly. Every year since 1992, the 50th anniversary of the USS Belleau Wood's commission, he and the remainder of his shipmates gather for an annual reunion somewhere in the United States.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I will never forget those men. Or any men who served and died for this great country. Thank you. And God Bless America.

TLC had a show on called "Hell In The Pacific". I would strongly urge everyone to watch it if you can catch it on again. Very moving with the actual black and white and color footage of the actual events that took place during the War.

Let's all wish and pray for peace. So our soldiers and fellow countrymen can have a peacefull Christmas.

Top Bottom