People from Boise Idaho area wanna ride?

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
More and more people from Idaho keep popping up on DRN all the time, we need to get a ride together sometime. Im up for riding every weekend if I can. Ive got a list of places I would like to go ride in my head but lets hear some suggestions.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im willing... MX-Tech has my suspension now but should see it next week. Ya wanna try and put something together? It would be cool if some of us "Treasusre Valley" guys could get together....Lets do it.....

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Bump........

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Dave,

I'm always up for a ride. Spode is my middle name!

This Saturday, 5/25, is out as I have to go to a wedding. It's OK both the bride and groom ride! I've been riding with the bride and the brides dad for 14 years. She was 12 when I first went on a ride with her and she had already been riding for 4+ years!

I'm thinking about a ride with the wife and kids to Silver City on Sunday if things work out. Gotta do something easy since I have to pack along my 5 year old daughter on my bike and my youngest son's XR50 isn't really able to tackle the stuff that my 10 yr old son can handle (darn near anything! :eek: )

Drop me an e-mail when you get a time and date set and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Jeff

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I think Idaho City makes the most sense because of how close it is. Or if we wanted to plan it out far enough we could go up to my property north of McCall for a weekend thing. Or we could just meet out at little gem for a quick informal get together. We could also do the Silver City thing... Boy its rough living in Idaho with no place to ride and all. ;)

Where are all the other Boise area Idaho people at?

entangidahl?
DahlElama?
IdahoOffRoader?
Hvyw8t?
dirtbikedad?
SL99?
bluethumper?

Last edited:

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Dave and 380EXCman,

We rode about 2/3's of the Idaho City Enduro loop Saturday before last, May 11, and things are already pretty dusty up there. The loop is on the Idaho City side of Highway 21 this year. The elevations over there are a little lower than on the Thorn Creek/Rabbit Creek side.

I want to get up on the trails on the Thorn Creek/Rabbit Creek side of the Highway before it gets too hot around here. There still was some snow in the higher elevations on the Thorn Creek side. Thorn Creek Look Out still had noticable snow on top at that time. I'm sure some of it has melted off by now.

I'm all for Veron's offer to ride up around his property around McCall, but I think we'll be well into June, maybe July, before the hills will be cleared of the white stuff so we don't have to kill ourselves getting through snow drifts. It's going to be July 1 before we can get into Deadwood this year from the looks of things! :eek:

Looks like Monday, Memorial Day, we'll be going out to an undetermined locale for a ride with my normal group of spodely friends.

Keep me posted. Idaho City is a great area providing you know the trails, which I have an "OK" idea of where I'm going most of the time. My usual "guide" may, or may not, be available for a ride when it does occur. He's been riding Idaho City since the dredges operated on Moores Creek and Elk Creek! ;) :p

Last edited:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Id sure like to go to Idaho City, but I havent figured out a way to skip my own graduation yet :think: . I may be up for something Sunday. 380, I emailed dirtbikedad, but havent heard from him yet.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I'm always up for a ride but time may be scarce for me for awhile as we added twins to the family last week.

Idaho City is always a good choice. I do want to try some of the trails on the Idaho City side as I mostly have ridden the Thorn Creek side. 8th street is always an option too for a short excursion. If folks are up for a drive Baumgartner would be fun too.

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
DahlElama,

Baumgartner is good too. It just makes for a long day. A camping trip is a better option for riding in that area, that way you can do a little more riding for the length of drive. It's about 155-160 miles if I remember right and that section around Anderson Ranch Res. isn't a place you want to go too fast. :eek: Can you say "splashdown"!! :scream:

It's also going to be a little longer before the snow gets out of the hills on the North Side of the road there at Baumgartner. Some friends are going up there over Memorial Day to camp and ride. I'll get a full report from them on the snow situation.

Jeff

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Talked with dave186 last night and I think we kind of decided to do a day thing at Idaho City or a trip into Silver City. Both are good day rides and should not be complete dust bowls for a few more weeks. We could then plan a weekend ride up at my property towards the middle to end of summer?

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000

Either of the two works for me. Let me know a date and time and I'll try to be there.

I wish we could have made your ride happen last fall. It would have been fun.

Jeff

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Hi All,
Dave, thanks for the email!

I rode from hemmingway to Silvercity last Sunday. The conditions are great.

Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend. My family has their minds made up. I'm going to fix the chimney on our cabin at Cascade.

Anyone headed toward Cascade is welcome to stop in, 512 West Mountain Road. We'll be riding West Mountain daily.

Let me know about the next get together. I'm definately interested.

Jerry

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Excellent!!!
I can RIDE 1-2 Jun and 8-9 June then I start my annual pilgrimage to the desert. I'm in the National Guard and spend about 25 days a year in some nasty desert of the world. This year only 19 days, 12-30 June.

I just started my son's 125 for the first time after a total rebuild (my first). Looks like he can ride too!

Jerry

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Either day, June 8 or 9, should work for me. Remember Guys, the Idaho City 100 ISDE Qualifier is being run June 1-2 up there. It will be a zoo that weekend. It's being run on the Centerville side of the highway this year so a ride on the Thorne Creek side will keep us off the ISDE track.

I've mapped out a ride we may want to try, snow level permitting. Looks like it would be about 60 miles and would take us from Rabbit Creek clear over to Barber Flat on the North Fork of the Boise and back via Hungarian Ridge and Sunset Peak. It looks like a good loop (on paper anyway! :p )

I may need to catch a ride with someone if my usual riding buddy can't make it. I'll be a bachelor for a couple weeks while the wife and kids are out of town and she's taking the tow vehicle! :( I threatened to have a new truck waiting in the driveway when she returns! :) I was informed that a new truck taking up residence in our garage would cause "MAJOR BAD MOJO"! What do you guys think that means?!! :eek: :uh:

Let me know the place and time.

Jeff

Last edited:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
You can park that new truck here if you want, I wont mind :) So its looking like yall want to go to Idaho City?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I prefer saturday the 8th. But could go either day. We need to flip a coin heads its Silver city, tales its Idaho city. Dave you have the honors........ :p

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
idahoyz voted for the 9th. You really want me to decide? I think we should take a vote, cause I cant decide which side i want to weight on that coin.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I think we should take a vote, cause I cant decide which side i want to weight on that coin.

I vote for Idaho City and the 8th.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom